About Chamco Industries Ltd.
Chamco Industries Ltd. has been a leader in pumping and compression equipment services for the world's air and fluid requirements since 1962. Chamco designs, manufactures and services a broad selection of air and fluid modular packages and equipment, while providing our 24 hour field service by factory trained professionals from 6 locations across Western Canada.
Chamco has an opportunity to join our team of over 100 outstanding, talented employees to combine your attributes and maintain our first-rate skill level and product offerings. We encourage our employees to foster success with our customers, business partners and each other.
We believe our people are the key to our success.
Why Work at Chamco Industries Ltd.?
- Strong Safety Culture
- Excellent Comprehensive Benefits
- RRSP Company Contributions
- Company Paid Training & Career Development
- Social Events
- Competitive Wages
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Generous Vacation Program
Visit our website at www.chamco.com
Field Service Technicians are responsible to complete field installations, perform site rebuilds, service and maintain equipment, complete warranty repairs and troubleshoot equipment performance issues for air compressors, air dryers, pumps and other related equipment at customer site locations and the Chamco shop.
- Must be able to travel within Northern Alberta, North East BC and in the United States. The estimated amount of travel Monday through Friday is 60% with some weekend travel.
- Mandatory on-call support is required on a rotation basis (approximately every 2-3 weeks).
- Strong mechanical skills are required, including experience with rotating equipment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with an ability to understand and interpret pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical drawings/schematics.
- Service Technicians must supply their own hand tools up to 7/8” including a proper compliment of tools as requested.
- Service Technicians are required to ensure that prior to departure to site, that they understand the scope and have the required tools and parts to complete the work.
- Service Technicians are responsible to secure and maintain all Chamco owned electronics, service tools and instrumentation and service trucks as per Chamco guidelines.
- All work is performed in a professional manner.
- Participation is mandatory for all required training programs (this involves US travel).
- All work is to be performed in a safe manner and in accordance with the company HSE policies.
- All employees must understand and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Clean drivers abstract must be providing at time of hire and annual driver’s abstracts are required.
Journeyman (or 3rd/4th year apprentice) and preferably red seal certified, Millwright, Electrical Motor Technician, Machinist or Heavy Duty Mechanic required. Five years of related experience in the field of pumps and/or compressors is an asset.
This Position Reports To: Service Supervisor
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent