Position Profile -
An internationally recognized leader in building access equipment and systems wants to hire a lead Equipment Commissioning Technician who will be responsible for the fabrication, assembly, job site installation, and turnover of height access, exterior roof car, and suspended products and systems. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager and will interface with manufacturing and engineering teams and coordinate activities with internal staff and external subcontractors and resources on a project x project basis.
Commissioning Technician's Responsibilities and Activities -
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding general technical details of roof car crane type machines including electrical and hydraulic controls, and all operating parameters.
- Liaise with engineering and project management team to develop scope detail which defines timing, budget, labor, materials, punchlists, ISO reports, and internal and job site contingencies.
- Lead and perform assembly work, and internal testing of machinery and certification as required before it ships to customer.
- Plan subcontractor, internal staff, and branch office field labor and all other activity to meet project requirements.
- Coordinate trades and sub-contractors on jobsites, and procure jobsite materials and equipment as needed.
- Plan provision of all required tools, rentals, rigging, etc. as required; and coordinate with jobsite contractors to accomplish scope of work.
- Travel to site and oversea commissioning of equipment in North America, and occasionally overseas.
- Height safety and suspended access experience are assets.
- Identify and address quality issues and shop-to-field, company-to-customer, and design-to-performance problems.
- Lead team of direct hires and or subcontractors in field performing acceptance testing of equipment, as well as demonstration and training.
- Assist service department during slow periods.
This person will report to plant management, and will organize and maintain all job related work documents, checklists, punch lists, budget tracking, labor/materials/cost and ISO reports.
- Technical knowledge and practical experience with purpose built heavy equipment which includes mechanical/hydraulic/electrical systems. May have Millwright 433A certification.
- Ability to understand electrical and hydraulic schematics, and evaluate and repair those systems.
- Ability to source supplies and services on jobsites.
- Experience with PLC ladder logic control systems preferred.
- High level of mechanical aptitude and outstanding ability to lead and direct people.
- Experience with the fabrication, installation and maintenance of heavy machinery preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% depending on demand to U.S.A., Canada and some overseas locations.
- High level of English language communication skills to effectively carry out role and provide clear concise direction during training and demonstration sessions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications including Excel and Word.
We require residency near Toronto, offer a full and generous benefits and compensation package, and want to fill this position quickly.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Millwright or Commissioning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Required)
- Millwright (Preferred)