Come work with a customer service oriented company, as an Owner-Operator, to provide quality truck-delivery services to major retail chains, outlets, and distribution centers. Our environment is one where people are having fun and working hard. Building careers, being proud of our teams and operating a responsible company are important things that makeup who we are.
Docker Transport strives to provide the highest level of service in the distribution industry. We and our clients need an additional HOME DELIVERY CARRIER. Become part of our network and grow your delivery business with Docker Transport today.
As an Owner-Operator, you and your employees will work as a team, securely loading a 5-ton truck and safely delivering to customer locations. Many items require team-lifting and exceed 100lbs in weight. With the use of safe lifting techniques, effective planning, dollies, straps, suction cups, and other protective equipment, your team will service the Edmonton area with large-item delivery service.
- NSC safety certificate
- WCB Alberta clearance
- Vehicle licenses, registrations, and insurances
- Commercial insurance with motor cargo coverage ($100k)
- Own/maintain or lease a 24'-26' box delivery truck with power tailgate (2009 or newer is preferred)
- Registered business entity
- Appliance and furniture-moving equipment
- Personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Clean criminal background(s) (staff included)
- Clean driver abstract(s) (staff included)
- Valid driver license(s) (staff included)
Requirements of the Owner-Operator and its employee(s):
- High-level customer service skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Physically able to lift up medium-to-heavy-weight items using proper equipment
- Able to operate basic hand and power tools
- Complete logistical paperwork to Docker Transport specifications
- Flexible availability, full days of work
- Safely and properly load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment.
- Deliver appliances into customer homes in a safe and efficient manner ensuring no damages to the product(s) or customer property.
- Ensure all work performed adheres to all relevant organizational, provincial and federal safety regulations, codes, and specifications.
Settlements are paid semi-monthly by direct deposit
After applying, Owner-Operators must submit proof of all registrations, insurances, and regulatory compliance to Docker Transport in order to receive a contract.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $2,000.00 to $4,000.00 /week