Rednex Bar & Grill is currently hiring for the position of Server and Bartender. This position will be located in Morinville, Alberta.
The Bartender prepares alcoholic drinks for customers. The bartender's main job is to know the standard drink recipes and be able to mix them quickly and accurately. Bartenders also check the identification of customers to ensure that they meet the minimum drinking age. Bartenders take drink orders, serve drinks, and collect money for drinks.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Wash glassware and utensils after each use.
- Pour wine and beer.
- Collect payment and operate POS.
- Serve food to guests seated at the bar.
- Check identification of guests to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Determine when a customer has had too much alcohol, stop serving and ensure a safe ride home is arranged.
- Clean up after guests and clean work area.
- Order and maintain liquor and bar supplies.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Serve guests in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Clean, Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Other duties as required.
- Current provincial Pro serve Certification
- Experience preferred, willing to train.
- Food Safety prior to hire.
- First Aid & CPR prior to hire.
- Current Responsible Gambling Certification
- Knowledge of drink recipes.
- Ability to handle large crowds.
- Demonstrate time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
- Will be exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift 50lb required.
- Overtime as required.
- High stress, fast paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
- restaurant: 1 year (Preferred)