We are looking for an experienced social worker to fill the role of Seniors’ Community Support Program Social Worker to work in collaboration with the Hollyburn Seniors Outreach team and a dedicated team of staff and volunteers at the West Vancouver Seniors’ Activity Centre. The Seniors’ Community Support Program Social Worker is responsible for program coordination, including day to day operations, conducting needs assessments, case planning and making referrals to a team of volunteers and other resources in the community. The social worker provides clinical oversight, consultations and support to staff and volunteers in accordance with Hollyburn’s service guidelines and the Social Work standards of practice. The program objective is to ensure at-risk seniors in West Vancouver are connected with the supports needed to maintain stable housing and to ensure their long-term well-being. The role also includes contributing to program development, community relationships and advocacy. We are committed to social justice and continued professional development, and strive to provide an ethical, client centred and supportive environment.
This position is 24 hours a week with benefits, with flexibility to accommodate worker and client schedules.
- MSW, BSW or related degree with a minimum of three years direct service experience, plus at least two years supervisory experience
- Training and experience providing clinical supervision
- Must hold a current First Aid, CPR Certificate and CPI certificate (can be completed concurrently after commencing work)
- Demonstrated leadership, management and cultural agility skills
- Clinical supervision and meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and record keeping skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a professional manner
- Experience liaising with community resources and multi-disciplinary professionals
- Understanding of the systemic and intersectional issues including aging, dementia and poverty
- Knowledge of relevant resources/programs available within the community to assist individuals with housing challenges, including filling relevant housing and income applications
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
CASE MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION
- Performing intake, assessments, maintaining client records and completing reports on a timely manner,
- Collaborate with the West Vancouver Seniors’ Activity Centre to recruit, orient, train and manage volunteers,
- Supervise volunteers in reference to case assignment, case file management, reporting and follow-up procedures,
- Assist and support staff and volunteers in the development of personal wellness and professional development,
- Provide case management consultation when required,
- Respect and assure confidentiality of staff and volunteer issues.
- Facilitate team meetings, ensuring the timely preparation and distribution of agenda and meeting notes (can be delegated),
- Work with the Hollyburn Director of Services to ensure all reports, updates, statistics, time sheets and petty cash records are completed within deadlines and reviewed,
- Provide Program Annual Reports,
- Report to the Director of Services.
- Establish professional working relationships with the District of West Vancouver staff, community-based agencies, government Ministries, Health Authorities and other relevant agencies in order to facilitate appropriate case management in the best interest of the client,
- Participate in agency supervisory meetings and training,
- Provide advocacy as required.
- Attend West Vancouver Seniors’ Outreach Committee meetings as required
- Work collaboratively with the West Vancouver Seniors’ Outreach Coordinator
- Maintain knowledge of all relevant services and programs,
- Keep informed of current trends and issues,
- Maintain a working relationship with other community service providers, stakeholders and interest groups.
Benefits of being part of our team: Hollyburn Family Services Society offers extensive training opportunities to all employees. We support professional development and advancement within our ever growing organization. Our salaries are competitive and our benefits package for full-time employees includes 100% employer premium paid extended health, dental, vision care, life insurance, wellness days and sick leave after a three-month probationary period. Employees pay their own Long Term Disability premiums. After a six-month probationary period, our employees become eligible for our Registered Retirement Savings Plan where Hollyburn matches contributions up to 3% of gross salary. Hollyburn also offers a framework to support private practice development for qualified applicants. Applicants should email their resume with a covering letter by February 26, 2021.
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Application deadline: 2021-02-26
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $35,000.00-$38,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Direct Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Preferred)
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (Preferred)
- Proof of Ability to legally work in Canada (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19