“The start date of this job is flexible and in order to find the best candidate the job may remain open much longer than the date mentioned on this posting…..or you may be asked to start sooner than the expected start date if you are able to do so!”
URGENT: Please read the job description below. If this interests you, please send a MS-Word version copy of your updated resume (ASAP) along with your salary expectations, first available date and a telephone contact number
Please mention the job title above in the subject line
The recruiter in charge of this role is Yangzom
If you do not think you are a match for this opportunity, but know someone who is, feel free to forward this email to them and you will be eligible for a referral bonus upon a successful hire.
One of our transportation industry clients is looking for a Sr. Accountant – Account Reconciliation & Journal Entry exp.
Length: Contract term is 9 months with a strong possibility of extension
Location: Toronto, ON
Summary of Role:
Working under the direction of the Manager of Financial Reconciliations or Assistant Manager of Settlement and Treasury, the Senior Accountants will perform a variety of tasks to support the Financial Operations team, which will include performing reconciliations, investigating variances and managing various general ledger accounts in a high volume, complex transaction environment.
· Processing and reviewing transactions to ensure they are cleared, aggregated, apportioned, and settled.
· Daily monitoring of the bank (i.e. EFT processes) to ensure completeness of settlement, and that settlement failures are investigated, captured, and corrected.
· Analyzing, investigating, uncovering and resolving process exceptions, out-of-balance situations and other operational finance incidents, as required.
· Performing daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations and control points to ensure funds are balanced and creating journal entries for general ledger adjustments, as required.
· Compiles daily, weekly and monthly reports (i.e. monthly financial status and performance) for internal management and external business partners.
· Analyzes and/or reconciles various internal and external reports to ensure the completeness and integrity of the integrated reports (e.g. data extracts, financial system reports, third party reports).
· Conducts and oversees financial analyses, projects and processes; conducts or participates in complex and comprehensive financial investigations.
· Creates and applies reporting templates, financial models and automated processes to meet legal and corporate standards, including meeting deadlines.
· Provides financially-informed analytical support, understanding the financial and accounting impact of business processes and evaluating current and future business activities.
· Provides subject matter expertise to support finance operational decisions, including accounting entries or development of business proposals and business cases as it affects the financial system and operating processes.
· Ensuring financial processes and reconciliations are aligned with established procedures and controls and providing recommendations for improvements.
· Works closely with auditors and others to maintain financial integrity of the business and increase understanding of financial applications, controls, and standards.
· Collaborating and interacting with internal and/or external business partners and transit agencies, regarding regular reporting and responding to inquiries and information requests.
· University degree in Commerce, Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline
· Experience as a Senior Accountant (6 years for Sr Accountant roles)
· Knowledge of best practices related to financial services or payment industry
· Experience guiding and mentoring other financial professionals on the team; establishing policies and procedures for analysis and reporting and reviewing their work when requested
· Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint; experience with MS Dynamics would be an asset
· Ability to make recommendations for process and control improvements (e.g. automating technology or accounting practices) and provides clear standards of practice, protocols and direction for internal and external partners
· Ability to test new functionality from an accounting/reconciliation/financial control perspective and provide impact assessments
· Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and take direction from or work with multiple parties
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Ability to work with all levels of staff and external clients (i.e. Transit Agencies)
· Comfort with complexity and ambiguity
· Ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools
· Strong attention to detail (extremely important)
Certifications / Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business, Finance or Accounting
· CPA (CA, CMA, CGA) accounting designation mandatory
Other Position Requirements:
· Security Clearance
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply !
Please visit the TEAMRECRUITER website to review other CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!
Job Type: Contract