Our family is constantly growing and we’re looking for new members.
Every job at Acden is a big job and we know just how important each individual contribution is. That’s why we want you to feel valued. We provide competitive industry salaries and a comprehensive benefit plan to prove to our employees that it’s not just about our success, it’s about yours too. Want to take a step up?
Instrumentation/Electrical Dual Ticketed Technicians
Competition #: AF-2019-044
Acden Facilities is currently accepting applications for two (2) full-time Instrumentation/Electrical Dual Ticketed Technicians to support their oilsands client. These positions allow for both flights and camp accommodations for out of region employees. Flights are from the designated hubs: Edmonton, Alberta and Calgary, Alberta. Bussing will be provided to successful candidates who reside in Fort McMurray region. These positions are 7 on / 7 off, day shifts; covering 80 hours per shift rotation.
Please Note: Hours, schedules and locations may change from time to time due to operational requirements.
The Journeyperson Instrumentation and Electrical Technicians are responsible for the installation, calibration, and testing of non-process and live process equipment monitoring systems, as well as assisting and supporting HVAC technicians and Electrical systems.
Special Requirement: Please list all training and certifications on your resume and be specific about how you meet the position qualifications. Ensure that you submit copies of all training certifications/tickets, including driver’s abstract with your resume.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair, maintain, calibrate and/or adjust system components as required.
- Frequent testing of assigned system components.
- Routinely complete scheduled Work Order requests for repairs and/or services.
- Provide Electrical assistance when required.
- Respond to emergencies as needed.
- Apply all applicable legislated codes to preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure required building standards are adhered to as required.
- Attend daily toolbox talks and safety meetings as scheduled.
- All workers have the obligation to refuse unsafe work and to report all unsafe or near miss conditions immediately.
- Actively participate in the safety program and maintain strict adherence to OH&S guidelines.
- On a daily basis, assist assigned HVAC and other trades in their duties as required.
- Other duties as they may arise that would fulfill the full mandate of providing complete facilities operations and maintenance to Acden Facilities clients.
- Alberta Certified Journeyman or Inter-provincial Instrumentation and Control Trade in good standing.
- Alberta Certified Journeyman or Inter-provincial Red Seal in Electrical Trade in good standing.
- Master Electrician recognized by the Alberta Safety Codes Council is considered a strong asset.
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence with a satisfactory operator abstract.
- Ability to work from heights or confined and restricted spaces.
- Ability to independently consult required manufacturers manuals or documents to determine test and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to calibrate and maintain components or instruments according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Highly developed organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity to issues of confidentiality and compliance.
- Proven ability to react appropriately in emergency situations
- Ability to complete all work in compliance with Alberta legislation, regulations and site policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to work in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety guidelines.
- Must be physically fit to perform the duties of the assigned role, position involves extensive walking, climbing, awkward positions as well as carrying of material. Ensuring Personal Protective equipment (PPE) is used as required.
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol, Audiometric and Physical Abilities Testing tests.
- Common Safety Orientation (CSO) or OSSA BSO, or combination of CSTS-09 & OSSA Regional Orientations certificates are required.
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence with clean 5-year history driver’s abstract obtained within 30 days.
- You must submit at the time of application, a 5-year Driver’s Abstract that is not more than 30 days old. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your application.
- Eligible to work on all Oil Sands sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- Willingness to remain Clean Shaven for safety requirements.
- Competitive Industry Wage.
- Competitive Benefits (including health, dental, vision, short & long-term disability and life insurance).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and complete the online application at www.acden.com/careers
This competition will close once a suitable candidate has been found.
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Métis), women, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
- instrumentation: 1 year (Preferred)
- working in heavy industrial: 1 year (Preferred)
- working in the oil sands: 1 year (Preferred)
- electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- testing system components on a frequent basis: 1 year (Preferred)
- repair, maintain, calibrate and adjusting system components: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inter-Provincial Red Seal Instrumentation and Control Ticket (Preferred)
- Master Electrician by the Alberta Safety Codes Council (Preferred)
- Inter-Provincial Red Seal Electrical/Electrician Ticket (Preferred)
- Eligible to work on CNUL Albian Oil Sands (Preferred)
- Clean Driver's Abstract (Preferred)
- CSO, BSO or CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional (Preferred)
- Alberta Electrical/Electrician Journeyman Ticket (Preferred)
- Eligible to work on CNRL Horizon Oil Sands (Preferred)
- Alberta Instrumentation and Control Journeyman Ticket (Preferred)
- Minimum class 5 Driver’s Licence (Preferred)
- Willingness to remain clean shaven (if applicable) (Preferred)