Triangle Physiotherapy is an established & expanding group of Physiotherapist-owned private clinics, with 8 locations in the GTA. Our motive is to provide patient-focused quality care with emphasis on manual therapy, exercise & education-focused treatment.
We are looking for a volunteer who is a high school student or Kinesiology or Health Sciences University student who wants to gain experience & exposure in a rehabilitation setting.
~ Exposure to the functioning of a multidisciplinary clinic
~ Observe and learn patient exercises
~Learn billing and other administrative tasks
~ Opportunity to attend mentoring sessions held by senior physiotherapists.
~ A recommendation letter and certificate of excellence will be provided at the end of your volunteering.
Training will be provided, but the following will be the daily tasks the candidate is expected to perform.
- Preparing the treatment area for patients including treatment rooms, beds, gym equipment.
- Helping with other aspects of patient care like maintaining patient flow, laundry, preparing modalities.
- Ensuring the treatment space is always clean and hygienic.
- Providing the highest quality of client service.
- Patient safety & infection prevention.
- Helping administrative staff with opening and/or closing duties.
Your Education: You will meet at least one of the following benchmarks.
- High school or University Student
- PTA/ OTA or PSW in training
- Physiotherapist/ Kin/ OT/ RMT or Chiropractor in training.
- International Physiotherapist or Massage Therapist.
Most compatible personality of our ideal candidate:
- Quick, detail-oriented & hard-worker.
- Takes ownership of tasks and is a perfectionist.
- Warm, charismatic & highly energetic.
- Good Spoken & Written English
Part-time hours: 10-15 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Volunteer
Salary: Up to $1.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON (preferred)