ST. JOSEPHS VILLA IS SEEKING NEW PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER GRADUATES TO JOIN OUR GROWING AND DYNAMIC TEAM!
The Health Force Ontario Initiative is to help support recent Personal Support Worker Graduates in exchange for a six (6) month commitment to work full time hours in Long Term Care. This exciting opportunity is for Personal Support Workers who have graduated from their PSW program on or after APRIL 1ST, 2020. If you are a successful applicant and have been approved, you are eligible to receive a funding initiative of $5000 dollars for your six (6) month commitment here at St. Joseph’s Villa Dundas!
St. Joseph’s Villa is one of Ontario’s largest and most innovative long-term care homes. Located in historic downtown Dundas, we are proud to be the second largest organization in the St. Joseph’s Health System. Continuing the mission and legacy of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Hamilton, we are proud to serve our community. We are the largest employer in Dundas. Our campus is conveniently located on a city bus route and offers free parking. We offer a range of challenging, rewarding careers for dedicated professionals in a health care environment.
ST. JOSEPH’S VILLA EMPLOYEES BENEFITS INCLUDE:
· Free Membership to our on-site Staff Fitness Centre
· Educational Scholarships, Mentorship & Support for Career Advancement
· Teaching & Facilitator Opportunities with partnership programs for community colleges, universities and secondary schools
· Recognition for Excellence through Annual Service Awards and Applause Awards
· Contributions to the HOOP Pension Plan
· Health and Wellness Benefits through Manulife Financial (eligibility & enrollment varies)
· St. Joseph Health System Employee Rewards/Discount Program
· Employee Celebrations through Spirit Committee, Staff Appreciation Week, Nurses Week etc.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER:
Perform all duties in accordance with the Mission Statement, Organizational, Philosophy and administrative policies and standards of St. Joseph’s Villa.
· Provides or assists the Registered Nurse and Registered Practical Nurse with personal care of the residents as per position description.
· Ambulates, mobilizes and transfers residents according to care plan.
· Performs selected nursing duties as per position description.
· Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities in Nursing.
· Other related duties as assigned/required per position description.
FORMAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Grade 10 High School Education
· Community College Health Care Aide Diploma (or equivalent) with a graduate date on or after APRIL 1ST, 2020
· Experience in long-term care facility or Community College Health Care Aide program, which included a supervised clinical component similar to that offered by Mohawk College.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Joseph’s Villa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This offer is time sensitive so apply today!
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Employee assistance program
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)