The Power of Together
Federated Insurance, a subsidiary of Northbridge Financial Corporation, is a leading commercial property and casualty insurance company that’s been helping protect Canadian businesses for more than 90 years. We’re 100% Canadian.
We offer a wide range of creative solutions to our customers and we strive to create a fair and friendly culture, upheld by the foundation of our five corporate values: respect, passion, connectedness, creativity, and excellence. At Federated our purpose is to Trust, Advise and Protect.
By continually striving to challenge the status quo, and by focusing on our customers’ needs, we’ve been able to build our reputation as one of Canada’s largest commercial insurance providers.
To help us continue to build on this success, we’re committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people. Be part of a team that’s passionate about making a difference every day, fueled by our entrepreneurial spirit and where everyone owns a part of our success. Our company has had an amazing journey so far, and our future is full of new possibilities.
Reporting to the company’s Underwriting division, the fully licensed CSR role will focus on the direct client and Commercial Insurance Specialists (CIS), ensuring that every interaction is a great experience, with efficient flawless service standards.
What you will be doing:
- Provides front line communication liaison with our commercial clients and CISs.
- Handles all incoming client and CISs phone calls with the objective of resolving all questions related to coverage additions, deletions and modifications.
- Completes policy adjustment requests, identifying and informing CISs where potential cross sell/upsell opportunities exist as required.
- Maintenance of client database.
- Handles all incoming client, CISs and third-party enquiries.
- Handles all Sales service requests.
- Working in collaboration with internal stakeholder divisions such as Underwriting, Billing, Risk Services and Claims to solve client needs.
- Process and deliver all policy adjustments and certificate requests according to authority level, forward for approval if required.
- Process Annual Client Review changes, entering key dates, according to authority level, forward for approval if required
- Other duties as assigned.
Teamwork and Professionalism
- Makes every attempt to minimize time delays in processing by following up on outstanding items.
- Maintains exceptional working relationships with Clients, Sales, Underwriting, and other office personnel.
- Strives for ongoing self-development through industry and related courses.
- Remains calm and professional when dealing with difficult circumstances.
- Willingly helps others maintain standards and trains new and existing staff as needs arise.
What we are looking for:
- Prioritizes and organizes workload to maintain service standards.
What sets you apart:
- High school graduate plus a two-year diploma course or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Licensed in Commercial Lines Insurance or working towards.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated proficiency at managing multiple and changing priorities/projects and delivering results.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional and technical development.
- Ability to focus on client needs, ensuring a high quality of service is provided.
- Demonstrated commitment to high standards of performance and goals.
- Computer Proficiency (incl. Word documents, spreadsheets, email) with the ability to quickly learn new
What We Have to Offer:
- Sound Time-Management skills.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and telephone customer service skills.
- Ability to work well within a team atmosphere.
- Willingness to help others and support the team objectives
- Proven track record of focusing on client needs and ensuring the delivery of high quality of service
- Northbridge Cares program – volunteer day and donation matching
- Generous paid time off, including personal days. Flexible work hours as well as early departure opportunities
- Flexible Group Benefits Plan – medical, dental, insurances
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan + Optional Group RRSP
- Northbridge Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance plan
- Staff Insurance - discount on home, automobile and pet insurance
- Plus, the opportunity to contribute to the success of Northbridge through sharing your knowledge and experience while learning from others!
Northbridge welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply below.
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.