\*\*This position is located in downtown Chilliwack, BC\*\*
Fraser River CEC- Centre of Early Childhood Development & Family Services exists to offer an exemplary model of early learning and care services to children and families in the community.
We highly believe that our educators are pillars of our early learning model. The high-quality of early childhood program can only be offered when our staff believes in education, ongoing professional development, maintaining positive relationships with each other and work as a team!
If you believe that you could create a difference in early learning community by strengthening your relationships with children, families and in a team, we are looking for you and would love to hear more about you!
Facility: Fraser River CEC-Centre of Early Childhood Development & Family Services
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Type of Child Care: 0-12 years
While in compliance with Fraser River CEC-Centre of Early Childhood Development & Family Services policies and procedures, the Early Childhood Educator Assistant or Responsible Adult will:
- Develop and implement a program that supports and promotes the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children and meets the needs of the Child Care Licensing and Regulations and BC Health Act
- Lead activities and provide an environment that supports inquiry and scaffolding of the children's interests by following BC Early Learning Framework and Fraser River CEC’s Program and Guiding Principles
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well- being of children
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or next steps with the family and other staff. Implement individual program plans as guided by the Manager
- Observe children and prepare reports/ documentation for the family, guardians and supervisor
- Guide and assist children in the development of daily living skills
- Collaborate with co-workers and community service providers to support the needs of the children and families
- Maintain a clean and organized space. Use professional and responsive communication with staff members to promote a positive partnership
- Record notes and important information related to children’s well-being in the communication book (i.e. illness, accident reports, etc.)
· A minimum of an ECEA or Responsible Adult certificate s preferred
· Current first aid, CPR, immunization record and a valid criminal record clearance are also required.
How to Apply:
If you meet all the above requirements, please send us your cover letter and resume.
FRCEC is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$21.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
As part of FRCEC ongoing commitment to Health and Safety and maintaining a safe learning environment for its staff, and children, FRCEC has a mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Disclosure Policy. As part of the condition of employment, new employees will be re