Cattlebaron steakhouse Royal Oak is a small business in Calgary, AB T3R 0R5. We are professional, agile, and fast-paced.
Inspired by Wellington’s Fine Dining of Calgary, the CattleBaron Steakhouse & Bar was created and designed as a casual alternative for the upscale steak enthusiast.
Recognized as Calgary’s premiere casual steakhouse, the CattleBaron offers our guests the finest quality Alberta beef, carefully selected wines, and world famous western hospitality and service.
Not to be outdone by our steak program, all CattleBaron sauces and soups are handcrafted from family recipes that have been passed on from generation to generation.
Our work environment includes:
- Food/staff meal provided
- Growth opportunities
- Clean, upscale, professional work environment
- On site parking
- Bi-weekly tip-out
We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals. Must know various stations to work at (training will be provided for successful candidate)
- No Late-Late Closes (closed by 11pm)
- Rate/pay will be based in your experience
- In submitting your resume, pls include atleast 2 character references (from previous employer)
- Must be available on weekends.
- Cover letter (optional)
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive/head chef or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Good working ethics
And, has a good initiative towards your work and respect to your colleagues is a must.
- Good TEAMWORK and POSITIVE attitude is a must.
- Willing to be trained.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook (minimum 2 years experience)
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Culinary experience is an asset.
- Know how's (Saute,Salad,fry,prep and broiler/grill is an asset.)
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T3R 0R5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you a teamplayer? How can you demonstrate being a teamplayer in the kitchen?
- Food Handler Certification (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person