Starting salary at $15.56 per hour, $15.81 after probation, and $17.60 after 8 months. Inexpensive accommodation provided starting at $5.00 per day with staff cafeteria on site. Full benefits coverage (Health, Drugs, Vision, and Dental). Visit www.jasperparklodgejobs.com to see what more we have to offer!
Housekeeper / Room Attendant / Housekeeping Attendant
First impressions are everything! As a Room Attendant with Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge you will have the opportunity to create lasting memories for every Guest, ensuring Guest rooms are comfortable, inviting and clean. The luxury our Guests experience will ensure their return.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Clean a section of 12 – 15 guest rooms per day as per Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge standards
- Maintain condition and cleanliness of guest rooms and their surroundings within section, for example: corridor, patio, grounds
- Ensure that all recycling is undertaken on a daily basis
- Clean and stock linen closet at the end of the shift
- Report any maintenance defects in guest rooms and surrounding areas to housekeeping
- Provide night service (refresh rooms in the evening) when required
- Adhere to the hotel’s vehicle handling and safety policies while driving hotel and guest vehicles
- Following all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in housekeeping an asset
- Valid Alberta drivers license an asset
- Strong physical condition required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Jasper - www.jasperparklodgejobs.com and apply at www.fairmontcareers.com **
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.56 to $17.60 /hour