NATURE OF WORK
The job of psychologist involves more specifically functions of clinician with leading and counselling functions in connection with the mental health of students and their personal and academic development.
Psychologists provide reception and referral for students, directing them to the appropriate internal and external resources of the College.
The psychologist will provide services/support to the following services/departments: Student AccessAbility Centre, Counselling, Academic Skills Center and Student Services in general.
Length of the contract :Requirements :
- Primary responsibility will be to provide counselling services for students in the Counselling Centre, particularly those in crisis or experiencing mental health difficulties;
- Advise and lead outreach activities in order to promote mental health and well-being;
- Provide individual and group career counselling;
- If necessary, refer students to other institutions such as health departments, social service centres and hospitals;
- Collaborate with other stakeholders concerned, and as part of the College’s success plan, plan, develop, implement, lead and evaluate activities fostering the personal growth and academic achievement of students;
- Collaborate in case studies;
- Establish and keep up-to-date student files in matters relating to the sector;
- Perform any other related duties.
Membership in the Ordre des psychologues du Québec
Required Tests :Comments :
- Proven experience in crisis intervention;
- Experience in an educational milieu, preferably with College-aged students;
- Ability to communicate with a diverse student population;
- Ability to function effectively in a collaborative environment;
- Advanced English communication skills (testing may be required);
- Intermediate French communication skills (testing may be required);
- Basic computer knowledge including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Please note that a cover letter is mandatory. If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach an updated resume.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an email acknowledgment asking you to update your file and submit your resume for your application to be considered.
Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. We thank all applicants for their interest in Dawson College, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Priority is given to internal candidates within their employment category.