We are a Christian based addiction and mental health treatment center that provides quality private in patient treatment. Founded in 2009, in British Columbia, we started with one location and have continued to expand, we now have 3 locations in BC and are now expanding into Ottawa. We are opening a 10 bed facility located in the neighborhood of Carlsbad Springs, 20 min East of Ottawa International airport, and 23 min South East of Downtown.
Our focus is to provide top-notch, individualized, affordable high-quality treatment in a comfortable atmosphere. We provide treatment for both men and women, focusing on one on one sessions and SMALL circle groups rather than large classroom settings.
Approximate start date: Immediately
Preference will be given to individuals who adequately provide a detailed cover letter expressing their experience, qualifications, understanding of 12 steps and why they are interested in the position.
Our addiction treatment center is looking for Mental Health / Addiction facilitators. Facilitators are responsible for leading the clients in their daily activities, and ensuring the facility is running smoothly. Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervising clients in their daily routines.
- Facilitate small groups
- Engaging clients in conversations that will help them through recovery;
- Processing information revealed during group sessions is absolutely critical.
- Possible meal preparation and serving
- Cleaning, and facilitation of client chores
- Driving and supervising clients at 12 step meetings, church and other outings.
- Daily notes on online client database
- Organization, and filing,
- Following strict protocols
Our Facilitator will work with adult clients age 19 and up. This position requires an energetic, interesting, and engaging personality to keep clients readily immersed in the life topics covered. During Group Facilitation, facilitator should be able to elicit meaningful responses from group members, and help them reflect and process information.
Immediate position: The current position we have available is 22-29 hours per week involving a mix of morning and evening shifts.
Please DO Apply if You Are:
- Passionate about helping people
- Someone who takes initiative, and stays busy
- A team player
- Engaging and Intuitive
- Willing and able to follow daily schedule on schedule
- Flexible in deviating from schedule as client needs dictate
- Confident in speaking to, and controlling, up to 10 clients during group and daily activities
- Friendly, but firm when necessary
- People person
- Able to uphold client confidentiality, and dislike gossip.
- Able to separate work form personal life.
- Clean from Drugs and Alcohol and willing to take random drug tests.
- Willing to work a variety of shifts,
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Addiction and or Mental health educational or personal Experience required.
- Experience in facilitation, teaching or coaching groups.
- The applicant in sobriety MUST have a minimum of 5 years of proven sobriety. An individual in long-term recovery is an asset.
- Applicant MUST be willing to abstain from ALL legal and illegal addictive substances while in employment, including alcohol, and marijuana.
- A valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Must be able to work competently, both as a team and independently
- Flexibility to work in a field in which there are competing and changing priorities.
We are a drug-free workplace conducting random drug testing, including alcohol and tobacco testing. A clean test is required prior to hire. We require all employees to be free from all addictive substances while in employ on and off shift. This includes the use of alcohol, cannabis and nicotine. Prescribed medication by a healthcare professional for a current diagnoses is permissible but needs to be notified and changes documented.
Job Type: Full-time
- addiction treatment: 2 years (Preferred)