Title: Show Experience Wood Shop Specialist
Reports to: Show Experience Wood Shop Team Leader
Based at: 24 Napoleon Road
Shift: Monday to Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm
Job Purpose: To design, fabricate and repair wooden trade show displays using various wood working machinery and hand tools.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Sets up and operate wood working machines including radial arm saws, power saws, edge bander, boring machine, panel saw and shaper. Perform quality checks and 1st off duties.
- Use hand tools including planes, chisels, drills, wood files and nail guns.
- Create accurate work instructions and route sheets for the area, complete required paperwork – job updates daily/weekly.
- Match material according to grain, colour and texture, ensure best use of materials for minimal waste.
- Prep surfaces for finishing including sanding and scraping if required.
- Perform finishing including painting, staining or varnishing by hand or spray. Maintain all spray equipment in accordance with shop specifications.
- Repair product, furniture, displays and fixtures. Determine best method for repair or restoration.
- Participate in Show/Event meetings and may be required to attend shows/events for set-up, tear-down of product and displays.
- Work with Show Experience Wood Shop Team Leader and ensure that booth displays are in perfect shape and ready for display.
- Cabinet making and other building projects as required.
- Train other associates as required.
- Continue to grow Lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement to product and processes.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or 3-5 years related experience.
- College graduate from woodworking or cabinet making program preferred.
- Woodworking or cabinet making journeyman status is preferred.
- 3 - 5 years woodworking experience.
- Fork lift license an asset.
- Competent with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Able to use AutoCad, Solidworks or similar program for design.
- Blueprint reading, excellent measuring skills, good estimating skills.
- Work with minimal supervision and be able to solve problems independently.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and adapt when required.
- Must be able to work to high quality standards.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.85 /hour
- Blueprint Reading: 2 years (Required)
- Woodworking: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)