Our Yellowknife office is looking for a paralegal in our corporate services department. Reporting directly to the Partner responsible for Corporate Records, this is a role where you will work with a variety of team members and will be responsible for completing a variety of Northwest Territory, Nunavut and Yukon corporate transactions, including but not limited to general search and registration services, incorporations, shared structure amendments, share transactions, transfers, redemptions, amalgamations, extra-territorial registrations, director and officer changes, and performing searches and reports.
Candidates can work in our Yellowknife, Edmonton or Calgary office.
We place great value in a candidate’s ability to recognize the importance of team work to participate in facilitating a culture of collaboration.
- Incorporate and organize territorial and federal corporations including society and not-for-profit companies
- Assist lawyers with amalgamations, arrangements, reorganizations, and amendments
- Extra-territorial registrations in NWT, Nunavut and Yukon
- Registration of Limited Partnerships, domestic and extra-territorial
- Preparation of dividend resolutions
- Minute Book Review
- Entering entities in a corporate database and document management system
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- A high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail while attending to repetitive tasks
- Completion of a paralegal diploma or certificate with a minimum 2 years’ experience as a corporate paralegal
- Prior experience in all aspects of NWT, Nunavut and Yukon corporate work is preferred
- Advanced computer skills, specifically with PDF and MS Word
- Accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and coordinate activities in a timely manner
- Familiarity with a corporate database such as ALF is an asset
- Normal week-day office hours (35)
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Applicants who reside in Alberta are welcome to apply and work remotely.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to: [email protected] Only qualified applicants will be notified.