Custodian / Janitor – Permanent Position - Pharmaceutical Company
North York - Steeles Avenue West and Weston Road
*** MUST HAVE NO ALLERGIES TO PENICILLIN ***
Responsible for performing general cleaning duties inside and outside of facilities as assigned. Areas inside the building include offices, washrooms, locker change rooms, Production area, Warehouse and Laboratories. At the Etobicoke site, the buildings include the Engineering Site Office.
Outside the buildings, in winter, operate the snow blower and ice melter spreader, in conjunction with manually keeping the walkways, exits and entrances clear of ice and snow.
Clean offices which includes dusting and polishing furniture, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing walls and windows. Remove garbage and recycling from the centralized areas.
Clean washrooms and change rooms and replenish supplies. (soaps, paper towels, hand cream, etc.)
Clean warehouse floors, shelves, walls and where applicable, any marks on the floor from the forklift wheels.
4. GMP areas (Production, Packaging)
Clean the Good manufacturing Practices (GMP) areas, which includes
washing walls,stairs, ceilings and floors. Clean pails and drums and replenishing supplies.
Clean the cafeteria, including the food preparation area, freezers, coolers and
storage areas. Remove Garbage and recycling materials as needed. Maintain coffee brewers as required.
6. Clean the Laboratory and replenish supplies as required.
7. Clean the Controlled Substances/CT vault and walk in refrigerator.
8. Dispose of all garbage and recycling following proper procedures.
9. Operate various cleaning machines including floor polisher, vacuums and floor scrubbing machines.
10. Operate the compactors.
11. Utilize standardized cleaning agents as trained.
12. Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices, (cGMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and established safety standards. (SWP).
13. Work as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
14. Perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence.
15. Perform all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirement.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned.
- must have proof of graduation from High School by providing a copy of your High School Diploma or transcript of marks or Diploma from graduation from a recognized University or College
- must be able to lift 50 pounds (22 kilograms)
- must have experience operating industrial cleaning machines such as floor scrubbers, polishers, vacuums
- must be able to operate snow removal equipment and landscaping equipment
- Good command of the English language (ability to read, write and understand English)
- Good oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous cleaning experience preferred
- Physically fit
- Must be able to stand or move for up to a 12 hour shift
- must be able to drive or take public transit for any shift - days, afternoons or nights
Pay Rate: $35,700 per year
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Shifts: Afternoons: 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM - various days of week
Nights: 11:00 PM – 7:00 AM - various days of week
Location: North York – Steeles Avenue West and Weston Road area
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,700.00 /year
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- custodian / janitorial: 1 year (Required)
- must have proof of minimum High Schcool Diploma: 1 year (Required)
- drive or take public transit to Weston and Steeles area: 1 year (Required)
- operating heavy duty cleaning equipment: 1 year (Required)
- able to stand / move for up to 12 hours: 1 year (Required)
- able to lift up to 50 pounds (22 kilograms): 1 year (Required)
- able to operate snow blowers, landscaping equipment: 1 year (Required)
- able to pass Criminal Background Check: 1 year (Required)
- able to pass online English and Math test: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- North York, ON (Preferred)
- fluent English (Required)