Zaui is a small but fun team. We have a big vision of the future of technology in the tourism industry, and that vision includes us. We are looking for creative and highly-skilled individuals to join our team and help us on our way to becoming an innovative leader in our industry.
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer with excellent logic, communication and troubleshooting skills. Your role is to build and implement features that revolutionize the way companies run their business in the Tourism Industry.
- Implement coding best practices and efficiencies
- Maintain an existing system by investigating bugs and implementing fixes.
- Testing to ensure the quality of your code.
- Work with the support team to understand end-user requirements.
- Design, build and implement software features
- Uses tools such as Eclipse, Sublime Text, Zendesk, Git and JIRA.
- Learning and evolving your technical capabilities.
- Ability to build PHP web applications from scratch and maintain/refactor legacy systems
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and best practices
- Automated unit testing and continuous integration experience is an asset
- Agile development experience using JIRA is an asset
- Basic knowledge via command line on Centos servers
- Knowledgeable of version control best practices. GitHub preferred.
- Drive to take initiative to learn and improve knowledge
- Ability to work in a team
- Exemplary written and verbal English skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant fields
- Extended Healthcare, Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance and AD&D
- Collaborative Environment
- Work from home until further notice due to Covid-19
Zaui is an equal opportunity employer. Religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, race, or colour does not affect hiring, promotion, development opportunities, pay, or benefits. Zaui provides fair treatment of employees based on merit. The company complies with all applicable Federal, provincial, and local labour laws.
Grow your career at Zaui - apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Software Development: 1 year (Preferred)