- We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Communications Installation Technician to join our dynamic team. As a Communications Installation Technician, you will be responsible for the professional installation of various communication equipment on customer sites and in vehicles, including VHF/UHF radios, satellite communication equipment (Iridium, MSAT), cellular boosters, and other related devices. Occasional travel for work in remote locations with limited facilities will be expected.
This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals with expertise in communications installations and a passion for cutting-edge communication technologies.
- Conduct professional installation of communication equipment, including VHF/UHF radios, satellite communication devices, cellular boosters, and other related technologies in vehicles, buildings and at remote work sites.
- Perform wiring, routing, mounting, and testing of equipment according to industry standards and specific project requirements.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues related to communication equipment installations.
- Ensure all installations are completed within defined timelines while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Collaborate with other technicians and team members to ensure smooth workflow and timely project completion.
- Maintain accurate records of installed equipment, parts used, and work performed.
- Provide training and support to customers regarding the operation and maintenance of installed equipment.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, new technologies, and installation best practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical certifications or relevant vocational training preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of communications infrastructure installation experience.
- Certification in low voltage systems installation or similar electrical certifications.
- Strong knowledge of vehicle electrical systems, wiring, and routing techniques.
- Familiarity with VHF/UHF radios, satellite communication equipment, cellular boosters, and related technologies.
- Proficiency in using installation tools, such as drills, crimpers, and multimeters.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality workmanship.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Applicant must be bondable with a current criminal records check done, and have a valid driver license with clean record
- Some work will require a physical component including lifting and transporting heavy equipment. Installations are often outdoors throughout the year may require the technician to work at heights or in confined spaces. Physical fitness is a requirement of the position.
- Occasional travel for work on in remote locations with limited facilities will be expected.
- Professional customer interaction skills are a necessity.
- Safe work habits and safety training/certification is required.
- Good customer interaction skills are a necessity.
Note: This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. The successful candidate may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
If you possess the required qualifications and are eager to join a dynamic team working with cutting-edge communication technologies, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and certifications. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CasCom is a leader in Northern remote communications and IT solutions, based in Yellowknife NT. We excel in on site and remote support of commercial and municipal offices, as well as industrial sites including mining, oil and gas, construction, and environmental cleanup.
We provide managed services, install infrastructure, build networks, and support custom IT environments unique to Northern Canada.
CasCom is a Northern owned and operated business, and we have a long history in the North.
We take pride in our reputation for excellent customer service.
Northern residency, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the North, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified Indigenous Aboriginal Persons residing in the Northwest Territories. Members must clearly identify their status on their cover letter and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
CasCom is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $35.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Double vaccinated for COVID-19 required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Yellowknife, NT: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Do you currently live in Canada?
- Communication Equipment Installation: 5 years (required)
- Low Voltage and/or Vehicle Equipment Install: 3 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person