Nothers Signs & Recognition, located in London, Ontario, is looking for an Operations Supervisor with experience in leading production and assembly operations. This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $43,000 - $48,000 based on experience.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for planning and managing the production operations. He/she is the key driver in ensuring customers’ expectations are met, while ensuring our products are made to expected quality standards, costs are in line with budget and orders are completed on time. In this role, he/she will work closely with Sales, and Manager to ensure company objectives are met.
Core responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership for developing and directing manufacturing and plant initiatives for all company products.
- Daily scheduling for all of production and department staff ensuring deadlines are met while balancing work teams.
- Plan and lead daily, weekly departmental meetings.
- Learn and be able to perform each department process at minimum at basic level.
- Project management.
- Lead and develop operation team including performance management, coaching, nurturing and training plans.
- Develop and update processes, procedures and systems to increase productivity, optimize workflow, reduce cost, reduce waste, evaluate results, and achieve KPI’s with a team focus of 100% on time delivery
- Record departmental measures.
- Create, update and maintain standard work procedures.
- Ensure all products meet quality standards.
- Support new Product Development Team and continuous improvement by integrating tools such as Lean into current processes.
- Work with Management to develop production standards for times to provide information that allows to schedule capacity of each product and process.
- Conduct annual and probationary reviews of department staff including identification of relevant training needs, problem-solving and troubleshooting techniques, and progression opportunities.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Work with Logistics/Maintenance Coordinator to ensure production equipment in good working condition.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement projects.
- 1- 2 years of operations supervisory experience in a job shop environment with direct knowledge of work flow from materials, to processing, to assemble and packaging in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong production management skills.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting - equipment, processes and people.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers, and internal departments.
- Highly motivated and self-directed able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of production flow and processes with strong attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products. i.e. using excel to present useful information.
- Must have a well-defined sense of diplomacy, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Excellent project management and planning skills.
- Training and knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement tools are desirable but not required.
- Joint Health Safety Certification an asset.
- Continuous learner.
- Ability to conduct meetings with follow up and follow through.
- Previous experience in a small business environment of 25 employees would be preferred but not required.
- Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm with flexible hours
- Warehouse and office environment
- Fast paced work environment with plenty of interruptions
- Exposure to high noise levels at times
- Ethics and Integrity
- People, kindness, courtesy, nurturing and candor
- Respect diversity - treat others with respect
- Team work
- Multi taskers with Hustle (get up and go)
- Innovative thinking
- Quality orientation
- Time management
- Good attendance record
- Customer focus
- Problem solving and sound judgement
- Development and continuous learning
- Action Oriented
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year