We are currently offering an opportunity for a recent graduate of construction management, or other relevant programs to join our team as a Junior Project Manager.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is looking to launch their career in the construction industry, and join an exciting, growing company that works on iconic buildings in Canada and the United States - in cities like Toronto, Boston and New York.
As a Junior Project Manager, you will work with our team of PMs and learn important aspects of coordinating and controlling curtain wall jobs associated.
We are a curtain wall industry leader, designing and building facades for many prominent high-rise buildings. We have a strong presence in the US and Canada - especially in cities like New York, Boston and Toronto.
This is an entry position, but it is permanent, full-time with an opportunity to grow and advance .
- Help provide support to Senior Project Managers as they coordinate and manage Sotawall projects in Canada and the United States from the conceptual stages through to completion
- Help plan logistics with the Project Management group to suit site schedules delivery requirements
- Learn about the complexities and nuances of our curtain wall jobs by reading and understanding site conditions, blueprints and contracts
- Ensure positive communication and coordination with design, drafting, fabrication, assembly, delivery and installation
- Corresponding with the site teams regarding installation schedules and other items as they arise
- This is an entry position. We are looking for people who may have a low amount of experience in Canada, or only academic exposure. A degree, diploma in the field of construction - any direct glazing and curtain wall experience will be an asset
- Some knowledge of blueprints and reading drawings
- A working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software
- Any drafting software knowledge - especially AutoCAD or Inventor is an asset
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Attention to detail and committed to learning technical excellence
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Ability to travel in the United States and Canada
We will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary based on relevant knowledge and experience, a discretionary bonus and an opportunity to work with like-minded professionals. We can offer you an excellent career path with a high growth company. Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications to Human Resources. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Application deadline: October 12, 2018
Job Type: Full-time
- any relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- and write English (Required)