Requisition ID: 8811
Department: Rec, Cultural & Facility Services Dept.
Service: Complexes, Aqua & Specialized Services
1 or more Part-time Continuous Positions – up to 24 hours per week
Salary Information: $16.550 - $17.517 per hour (2023 rates of pay)
Various Shifts: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Affiliation: CUPE 503 PT Rec & Cult
Location: Various locations
City: Ottawa, ON
Job Category: Recreation, Cultural & Facility Services
Application Close: 09/06/2024
The Recreation, Cultural and Facility Services department is responsible for building a healthy, inclusive and vibrant City, as well as ensuring that communities, residents and visitors have access to the recreation and cultural places, programs, events and services that allow them to experience all the benefits the City has to offer, and overseeing Buildings and Facilities Management for improved service delivery integration, ensuring the best possible client experience in City facilities.
You are responsible for leading recreation, arts, special needs, aquatics or sports programs to a variety of age groups in a recreational setting.
Completion of Grade 10
Previous experience in leading recreation activities or a specific skill an asset
Current Standard First Aid, CPR and/or AED certificates
AODA Customer Service/IASR Training
- Understanding of age appropriate programming of participants in a recreational setting.
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
- Ability to work in a team setting or independently
- Maintain a fun and safe environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and programming skills
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Language Requirement: Various language requirements, locations may require English only, French only OR Bilingual competencies. Some positions require English oral, reading, and writing. Some positions required French oral, reading and writing.
- Police Record Check: The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check with the Police Services detachment in their jurisdiction to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.; Note: Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.; Police record checks completed by a third-party company will not be accepted.
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from members of Indigenous, Black and other racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and non-binary persons, persons of all ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, classes, gender identities and expressions.
Candidates are encouraged to self-identify as a member of one or more designated employment equity groups in the self-identification questionnaire.
The City of Ottawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.