Reporting to the Manager, Production and Support Services, is responsible for assisting in all aspects of food preparation, service, delivery, collection and clean-up in accordance with Ministry of Health Long Term Care (LTC) Standards, Health Protection & Promotions Act, The Occupational Health & Safety Act and Departmental Policy.
- Successful completion of two years of Secondary School or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must hold a Food Service Worker Certificate or be enrolled in a Food Service Worker training program offered by an established College and able to obtain the Certificate within three years of appointment.
- Completion of an approved Food Safety Course.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC).
- Minimum one (1) year's experience in the dietary department of a health care facility.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
Permanent Casual/On-Call, with up to 75 bi-weekly hours available
How to Apply
Please apply online. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$23.16 to $25.17 per hour. This is a Union position - CUPE Local 905 (Long Term Care)