Job title: Program Support
Immediate Supervisors: Director of Monitoring and Evaluation
Budgetary responsibility: No
Supervisory responsibility: No
This position is funded under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) Program.
- To be eligible, applicants must: be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Under the supervision of the Director, Monitoring and Evaluation, the Program Support assists the CWY Programming team in the preparation and conduct of CWY activities and programs, including Pathways to Indigenous Youth Leadership (IAYI). Work will include logistical support to pre-departurure sessions, populating the virtual library of the project and also research and writing on new initiatives and project proposals.
Required qualifications and experience
- Studies in Political Science, International Development, International Studies, Law, Economics, Finance, Indigenous Studies, Arts and Science
- Knowledge and interest in International Development
Particular working conditions
- 35 hours a week;
- Temporary position (8 weeks);
- Based at the CWY Montreal Office
- Starting Date: Mid-June
Work area knowledge and skills
- Highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Web);
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter and others) and educational software;
- Excellent organizational abilities, priority management and multi-tasking;
- Good research and writing skills;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required;
- Knowledge of Spanish or of an Indigenous Language is an asset.
Interpersonal skills and aptitudes
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional judgment;
- Flexibility, adaptability, ability to work under pressure and respond quickly to unexpected requests and manage a range of new issues and activities meeting tight deadlines;
- Initiative as well as the ability to be proactive and efficient in all aspect of their duties;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to handle stress adaptability to change;
- Be reliable and demonstrate tact and discretion.
Your resume and cover letter must be received by 5PM (Montreal Time), May 24th, 2018
Canada World Youth is committed to equity in employment and diversity. This posting represents an opportunity to realize our focus on increasing underrepresented groups such as Indigenous peoples, visible and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.
We would like to thank in advance all the candidates for their interest in Canada World Youth.
Please note that only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Montréal, QC (Required)