WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse and outdoor facility located in Strathroy, ON. The Company also operates CX Industries, a wholly-owned subsidiary of WeedMD Inc. CX operates out of the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario production facility which specializes in cannabis extraction and processing. WeedMD has a multi-channeled distribution strategy that includes selling directly to medical patients, strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where WeedMD’s adult-use brand Color Cannabis is sold.
The supervisor is responsible to plan the work, oversee its implementation, monitor, assign tasks, identify hazards and address health and safety concerns brought forward by workers to ensure workers’ protection.
WeedMD is looking for a Production Supervisor, who will report directly to the Production Manager, and will provide leadership in the manufacturing packaging process while ensuring compliance with Regulatory and Company requirements.
- Responsible to organize the filling and packaging activity related to dry flower and oil bottling / packaging, pre-roll fill and packaging to meet production schedules.
- Oversee organization of labour performing the filling and packaging activity, ensuring compliance to all regulatory requirements and Company policies.
- Ensuring compliance to all documented record requirements and sampling plans.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and enforcement of Weed MD policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the Weed MD Standard Operation Procedures.
- Use critical thinking skill and problem-solving techniques to reorganize a number of staff to prevent gaps in daily scheduling
- Ensure the efficient use of labor, machines and materials used by staff.
- Communicates with Production Manager on production performance issues while contributing to corrective action.
- Coordinate the daily activities of staff and use corrective actions to keep the project on time.
- Ensure all staff adhere to all policies, procedures and bio and security protocols and enforce these at all times.
- Assist with new employee training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Participate in the training, development, and performance of reporting associates.
- Monitor and manage employee’s attendance, including Dayforce; payroll/ timesheets.
- Coordinate work, monitor and evaluate performance of production staff; ensuring the timely delivery of feedback and coaching to achieve optimal results and when necessary manage disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Coordinate with other departments the product flow.
- Identify and report room and equipment malfunction
- Submit service request for any equipment that appears to be malfunctioning.
- Take an active role in the hiring process of new employees.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience in a highly regulated industry.
- Able to lead a group of individuals and provide performance feedback.
- Maintain a positive outlook and willingness to learn and contribute to company success.
- Maintain confidentiality and attain necessary skills/competencies
- Able to take and give direction and follow all company policies/procedures.
- Must have an awareness of company needs and foresee potential problems.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Positive contribution and personal commitment/responsibility to a respectful workplace.
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Supervisory/Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)