This position is an ideal opportunity for a Quality professional who is looking for a job with a great deal of variety, enjoys coaching people, making decisions and being a team leader.
We are a Canadian contract electronic design and manufacturing company. Our quality system is certified to ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 .We design and manufacture medical instruments, machine controls, vending machine controls and much more. We are looking for a Quality Manager / Internal Auditor to join our team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out the following activities.
- Manage all members of our Quality Team including Quality Planner and Production Engineer.
- Carry out ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 internal audits
- Carry out internal audits to company environmental policies and risk management policies.
- Carry out daily audits of our production cells to ensure that cells are properly organized and meet 5S criteria, and that procedures and paper work are followed.
- Audit the work of our Quality Planner and Production Engineer.
- Audit the statistical process control activities of our Production department.
- Act as the eyes and ears for the quality departments of our customers, and ensure that our staff always follow the procedures specified by our customers.
- Manage audits by customers and respond to customer notification of defects and requests for process upgrades or changes.
- Maintain and update our quality manuals and procedures manuals.
- Work with our Production Manager to Implement a lean manufacturing program, starting with a 5S program.
- Issue corrective action requests and coach staff in making improvements when defects occur.
- Lead our Health and Safety Program
- Any other tasks required in our Quality Department
- Quality Assurance – Manufacturing and Management course or equivalent
- Training as an ISO 9001 internal auditor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and direct staff to meet all quality system requirements
- The following will be an asset:
- ISO 13485 internal auditor courses
- Experience in quality management in an electronic manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of surface mount assembly and through hole assembly processes
- Knowledge of optical and flying probe testing
- Knowledge of JSTD 001
- Knowledge of IPC A610
- If required, the successful applicant will be sent to the following training programs after approximately 6 months of successful employment;
- IPC A610 trainer course
- JSTD 001 trainer course
- SMTA Surface Mount Process Engineering course
- Medical quality standards courses
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $38.00 /hour
- Internal Auditing: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)