As soon as possible.
We are seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to join the Department of Communications and French Language Services. The ideal candidate will be currently or have recently been working in a similar role, be highly motivated, a demonstrated generous team player, and be results driven.
The position reports to the Vice-President of Public Affairs and supports the Communications and French language services team. The Executive Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office of the Vice-President, Public Affairs.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate daily activities for the Vice-President of Public Affairs and his team, including agenda/calendar and travel arrangements.
- Triage phone calls and meeting requests.
- Assist in the logistics of the Department of Communications and French Language Services meetings.
- Manage budget and procurement processes, including collecting and submitting expenses, and translation invoice payment and reconciliation.
- Develop and implement high quality office procedures and practices that are in compliance with organizational policy and procedure.
- Liaise with all necessary internal and external stakeholders for a fluid operation of the department, including ordering supplies, equipment and all necessary resources.
- Maintain and update various sources of information: webpages, staff lists, mailing lists, spreadsheets and databases.
- Coordinate and execute a selection of digital, hybrid and in-person events.
- Proofread English documents.
- Support team with brand associated tasks (e.g., merchandise).
- Liaising with all departments and senior executive offices
- Coordinating, tracking, proofreading, and processing a variety of written material in a senior executive office
- Drafting, reviewing and editing correspondence, briefing notes and other documents
- Invoice validation/payment processing and account/budget reconciliation
- Experience planning and coordinating special events
- Knowledge of financial and administrative best practices
- Knowledge of file classification systems and electronic filing, in administrative environment
- College or university degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Flexible in work hours
- Ability to handle and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Excellent attention to details
- Capacity to build effective relationships with diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong customer focus, service-minded approach, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of computer software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and administration systems
- Strong writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills in English
- Bilingualism (asset)
Please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected].
Applications from Indigenous persons, members of racialized minorities, persons with disabilities, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with equitable, diverse and inclusive communities are strongly encouraged.
According to government policy, all qualified candidates are invited to apply; however, preference will be given to Canadians and permanent residents. When submitting your application, please indicate if you are legally entitled to work in Canada.
The University of Ottawa Heart Institute is committed to ensuring barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process relating to any specialty requirements. Please notify us of any accommodations that you require – any information you provide will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
The successful candidate will be required, prior to the start of employment, to complete mandatory organizational training available online, and provide the following: an official piece of photo identification and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and proof of two doses of COVID-19 vaccine.