At FlexDealer, we’re lucky that everyone here thinks creatively, shares a passion for thinking out of the box, and doing what’s right for our client partners. Our mission is to bring innovative technology to retail dealerships in a way that will help them thrive. We love to have fun while we work, and even have a pretty solid animated gif game to prove it.
Who are you?
You’re an ultimate team player who will create value by providing transparent, effective support to our clients’ technical needs. You understand creative problem solving–your attention to detail and getting the job done right are key. You’re an adaptable person who understands the power of listening, empathy, and providing great customer service. You’re highly observant and excel in effective communication, both written and verbal.
You can execute quickly and manage your time well. You are also aware of your strengths and weaknesses. You’re cool in the face of a challenge, and have a willingness to learn and grow.
Here’s the opportunity
We are looking for someone to handle technical support and basic development tasks to support our existing customer base. This is an excellent opportunity to aspiring web developers who want more experience working alongside highly skilled and highly rated senior and elite web software developers.
- Answer incoming account and technical support calls from existing FlexDealer customers
- Monitor and triage incoming account and technical support emails
- Follow internal documentation and procedures to resolve technical and non-technical account issues for customers
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve when the solution is not fully documented or not entirely clear
- Keep existing documentation updated, and add new solutions
- Escalate issues that cannot personally be solved to a Tier 2 team
- Call/email back customers with resolutions
- Project planning and task management
- Adjust account and website settings using our internal administration tools
- Monitor and make minor changes to databases
- Make minor programming modifications to pre-existing scripts, test, and send code to the live servers
- Set up websites for new customers using our internal CMS tools; launch sites for existing customers
- Monitor servers and log files, solving and/or reporting issues
- Attention to detail (following instructions/documentation)
- Clear and accurate verbal and written communication
- Shell scripting (Bash)
- DNS (NameServers, CNAME, A Records, etc.)
- Linux systems management/administration
- Quality Assurance and testing
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Freelance
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour