Works Maintenance Specialist
The Works Maintenance Specialist is responsible for researching, identifying missing information and modifying works, assisting in coordination and performing various user acceptance testing and following up on missing information as well as liaising with other collectives, publisher members and departments.
- Compare duplicate works and resolve discrepancies
- Add new works/modifies existing works
- Check for member accounts, if non-member, create n/a account.
- Identify conflicting claims
- Corresponding with publisher members
- Creating partial agreements as required
- Creating/updating Case Managements
- Liaising with other SOCAN departments/user groups
- Handle, research and response to International queries from sister societies
- Proactively advise management of potential processing and efficiency improvements
- Records keeping of all documents generated for user acceptance testing
- Other duties as required
- Bilingual (French) an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent research skills
- Strong aptitude for figures
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask
- Detail oriented
- Results oriented
- Growth mindset
- Post-Secondary education
- Knowledge or experience in the music industry an asset
In this position, you will be required to work a 5-day workweek Monday-Friday (9-5) .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY SOCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring and other employment decisions at SOCAN are made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, ethnic origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, record of offences, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law, regulation, or ordinance.
SELECTION & INTERVIEW PROCESS
Skills and aptitude may be tested and selection will be based on factors such as past performance, previous related experience and alignment of aptitude, personal skills and attributes to those required to perform the job. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
If selected for an interview, skills may be tested, and selection will be based on factors, related experience, and alignment of skills.
Interview teams are comprised of a diverse subset of people to ensure fair, equitable; consideration is made when considering each qualified candidate.
SOCAN is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodations please contact us directly at email@example.com and we will make the necessary accommodations. Applications submitted to this email address will not be accepted.
READY TO JOIN SOCAN AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Please visit our career page at: http://www.socan.com/careers/ and select “Apply” beside the role you are interested in applying for. Please submit your application for this role no later than October 9, 2020.
We thank everyone for their interest however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To learn more about SOCAN, please visit www.socan.com.