Harrison Hot Springs Resort is currently recruiting for the position of Copper Room Server.
About our company:
Harrison Hot Springs and the Eastern Fraser Valley is a beautiful place to live, work and play. We would love to have you join our amazing team and share the high quality of life that we have come to enjoy.
At Harrison Hot Springs Resort, our guests discover a location unlike any other destination in the world. We know the care and customer service we offer our guests leads to special experiences for them. We endeavour to exceed guest expectations and deliver outstanding products and hospitality services. Even though we welcome thousands of guests each year, we will focus on individuals and what we can do to make them feel like they are at home.
Overlooking Harrison Lake, the Harrison Hot Springs Resort offers the following amenities: five mineral hot springs pools, the Healing Springs Spa, three restaurants and a coffee bar, extensive banquet and catering options, Resort Golf Course and Resort Marina.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures compliance with all corporate policies and procedures to ensure guest satisfaction
- Able to exceed the guests’ needs by providing service appropriate to a fine dining experience in a high paced environment
- Able to attend to work reliably
- Able to work safely and securely in a manner that protects the integrity and safety of the guest, associates and hotel
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- ‘Serving It Right’ Certificate required
- ‘Food Safe’ certificate required
- Minimum 2 years of fine dining service experience required
- Minimum 2 years of high volume, high turnover service experience required Mixology
- Bartending Certificate preferred
- Proven wine knowledge, including food pairings
- Physically able to safely lift equipment weighing twenty five pounds
- Ability to multi-task and take direction well
- POS experience, preferably with a touch screen, specifically ‘Micros’
- Previous experience in suggestive selling and up-selling techniques
- Proven ability to accurately handle and balance cash and credit sales
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Being multi-lingual is an asset, preferably Mandarin
- Flexible to a changing schedule
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.85 to $17.56 /hour
- Fine Dining: 2 years (Required)
- Work Permit for Canada (Required)
- Service it Right (Required)
- Food Safe (Required)