Acclaim Health announces the availability of one (1) 0.6 Established Part Time Recreation Assistant position for the Alzheimer Services department (Burlington Adult Day Program location), which is equivalent to 22.5 hours/week. This position is to work Monday to Wednesday from 8:30am – 5:00pm, with a rotation for Saturdays.
- Assists in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of therapeutic social and recreational programs for seniors with cognitive impairments attending the Adult Day Program.
- Effectively utilizes recognized communication and behaviour management strategies for working with persons with dementia.
- Assists in evaluating individual clients’ plan of service and monitors clients’ needs and behaviour in order to modify and update the plan.
- Assists with clients’ medications in accordance with caregiver instructions and following company policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living including eating, toileting and mobility as required.
- Performs other related duties associated with the department as requested by the Supervisor or Director.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Community College Certificate in health/social science or equivalent
- Certification in Gentle Persuasive Approaches to Dementia Care
- Certification in First Aid
- Certification in Food Handling
- Current TB test (completed within the last 6 months)
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum 1 to 2 years experience in gerontology and working with cognitively impaired seniors.
- Understanding and knowledge of Alzheimer Disease and related disorders.
- Strong verbal and written communication, assessment and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Qualified individuals may apply on our website: https://www.acclaimhealth.ca/work-with-us/job-postings/
Please note - only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Acclaim Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources so we can ensure your equal participation in this process.
Job Type: Part-time
- gerontology: 1 year (Required)
- Burlington (Preferred)
- First Aid (Required)
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches to Dementia Care (Preferred)