About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists
We are growing our team again.
The consistent high quality of our products and services is resulting in continued healthy growth. Resultingly, we are searching for professional to lead, nurture, and grow client engagements within our Software and Data Services portfolio.
You will have ultimate accountability for strategic client relationship management for assigned clients, becoming their trusted advisor in problem solving, managing their expectations, and developing new opportunities for future business.
Depending on the project, you will either be accountable or responsible for delivering the project and managing the teams delivering these projects.
The right candidate will also be involved in refining business strategy and influencing the roadmap of the company’s services.
Why we’re a cool company
- Recent recipient of Employee Recommended Workplace Awards
- Flex time, partial work-from-home
- Full benefit package from Day 1
- Headquarters in NE Oakville.
- Less than 1km from the QEW, walking distance to cafes and eateries.
If people only knew the great stuff we do here. – Unsolicited quote from team member
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Develop strong relationships with assigned clients, understanding their challenges, while mapping our solutions to these challenges
- Ensure high quality delivery of service solutions to assigned clients
- Elicit and document high-to-mid-level tangible business objectives that can be mapped to solutions
- Initiate solution discussions with assigned clients with an objective of being awarded additional engagements
- Develop strong relationships with prospective clients to land new engagements
- Actively promote the company, its products and services
- Project Management
- Develop and maintain a strong client relationship that aligns with the company’s objectives and client centric approach
- Act as the escalation point on assigned clients to resolve any issues or concerns
- Manage the resourcing requirements of the client needs including effectively working internally to address any resource challenges
- Manage the resource requirements and delivery schedules of client(s) with shared technical resources within assigned clients or with other projects
- Proactively analyze potential client requirements and take appropriate steps to align us in the best position to meet the needs
Technical and Business Skills
- Maintain and acquire fundamental skills on technologies being leveraged in solution delivery to understand limitations, benefits and purpose, in order to contribute to solutioning and communication with client
- Assist in the translation of business requirements into technical implementation tasks to validate completeness and accuracy
- Understand different development approaches including waterfall and agile in order to optimize delivery based on client requirements
- Be familiar with different software architectural patterns, specifically microservices, data-centric, monolithic, REST, SOA.
- Developing others, mentors, and serves as a role model
- Conducting performance evaluations
- Lead internal teams/task forces
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- 7-10 years experience with Enterprise Solution Architecture
- 5 years experience in enterprise project management
- Experience developing new or improved processes and methodologies
- Understands complex database concepts
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system
- Understands object-oriented concepts
- Understands the benefits of the various programming languages
- Excellent communicator both when writing, speaking, and presenting solutions
- Technical degree in Computer Science or Engineering at University or College level
About the Company
Our client is a software product company, custom software development and IT professional services firm, based in Oakville and offices in New York and Waterloo. They are on the Branham300 List of Top Canadian ICT Companies, three years in a row. Recently they have also ranked in the Growth500, Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for two years.
Expect up to 20% travel into the USA.
Please include your resume. We're searching for local resources only.
Send your resume to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca
Disclaimer: While measures were taken to ensure the accuracy of this document, SearchVelocity or our Client cannot warrant 100% accuracy or completeness.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00 /year
- of Solution Architect and PM: 5 years (Preferred)