Business Data Analyst (SQL, Report Creation & More) (Fintech and Traditional FI)
We are a market leader and start-up at the same time. ACGP is growing and moving to the “next level” of KPI/performance management and building out our data analytics team for enhanced business intelligence and client reporting to support our core business growth and launch our new FINTECH infrastructure SaaS platform that will replace decades of traditional big systems/processes for managing cash in Banks. There is a compelling need for our SaaS platform for banks, and you can help make our platform a world leader.
Since 2005, ACGP has been a market leader in ATM services and technology. Operating ATMs for banks (BMO, RBC, etc.) and under brand names including Ezee ATM and Access Cash, ACGP and its 150 team members provide services to more than 10,000 ATMs in Canada and the USA. Supporting its growth and industry consolidation, ACGP has developed ATM FORCETM, our proprietary management system/ERP. We are now offering our ATM FORCETM Fintech solutions to leading banks to allow them to eliminate costly internal systems and processes and redirect financial and human resources to Digital banking.
At ACGP, we are helping our customers, including major North American banks, materially reduce their ATM management cost, improve their customer experience and make their operations more productive. We are committed to maintaining clean data driven processes that drive insight and efficiency. We pride ourselves on leading the market and developing innovative solutions for customers.
We are seeking a dynamic individual as Business Analyst to take the reins of business intelligence, kpi/report creation, and sales and marketing data support. Joining our high performance team and working directly with our Director of IT and our Senior Database Manager this is an outstanding opportunity for a skilled, hands on doer to step into an exciting role in a high growth company with revolutionary and proven technology. If you are a curious analytical type with good business judgment, deep SQL skills and a passion for report creation who is looking to be part of a dynamic growth team, this is a great opportunity to join us.
Reporting to the Director of IT or Senior Database Manager, the Business Analyst is a results-oriented leader with an ability to work with internal customers to understand and act based on customer needs, assess risks, and achieve a valued result. An analytical and hands-on professional with solid experience in SQL who is comfortable with ambiguity and able to operate in an environment with complex datasets. The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated self-starter with in-depth planning, organizational and time management skills. The successful candidate has excellent communication skills and thrives in an environment where there is a need to quickly respond to and adapt plans to accommodate new and changing priorities.
- Experience in developing and maintaining large databases with complex relationships between tables
- Develop operational/analysis/reporting tools to support Leadership’s accurate and timely assessment of business efficiencies and practices
- Partner with Operations, HR and other departments to ensure effective use of reporting
- Foster a work environment that values the people and encourages participation, creativity, learning and accountability
- Ensure the successful maintenance, downloading & consolidation of accurate operational and marketing data for use in reporting and analysis
- Execute on and provide timely operational, sales & marketing campaign reporting
- Ability to stay organized under conditions of multiple tasks and tight deadlines with minimal supervision while ensuring accuracy, efficiency and quality of deliverables
- Participate in the technical design, development testing and creation of operational user documentation and processes
- Responsible for understanding business processes in order to research, analyze, interpret and advise managers on findings of analysis
- Perform calculations and develop forecasts to formulate responses/recommendations to specific queries from Client Services managers & project teams
- Advise, help create and maintain data collection processes and QA system changes impact on reporting
- Ensure operational processes collect the data elements to meet the data needs for reporting
- Provide direction on intake of requests and perform tasks as assigned by the Manager
Qualifications / Skills
- Undergraduate in Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business, Computer Science (or equivalent university degree or college diploma)
- Strong experience with SQL Server
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen to perform analytical work with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Customer and results focused, with an ability to work with internal customers to understand and act based on their needs, assess risks, and achieve a valued result
- Thrives in an environment where there is a need to quickly respond to and adapt plans to accommodate new and changing priorities
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to operate in an environment with complex datasets
- Experience managing and presenting large data sets
- Proven problem solving skills with the ability to break down high-level data into easily communicated information
- In-depth planning, organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable learning new applications and processes quickly with minimal direction
- Ability to quickly find alternate solutions to challenges
- Proven client orientation, strong interpersonal skills
- In-depth prioritization and change management skills to stay within time/scope of a task
- Experience with data cubes and reporting dashboards would be an asset
- Financial services / product experience and knowledge
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- SQL: 5 years (Required)
- DCS / DEC (Preferred)