IMPORTANT: Please write "2020-NON-HM-MSW - Your Name" in subject line of email and/or application
LOCATION: Belleville, ON
Casual, temporary – Up to a 3 month contract
During this unprecedented crisis relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, Hastings County is planning ahead to ensure that we have a reserved workforce available to maintain operations and ensure minimal disruption to our residents in the event that our workforce is strained during this viral outbreak.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Multi-Skilled Workers? We’re committed to hiring the Hero’s of our community. The ones that are willing to step up and help out in these terrifying times. Compassion, dignity, respect, and diligence. Those of you who want to help, but didn’t know how they could assist. Now’s your chance! That’s what we are looking for.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for housekeeping duties such as maintaining the cleanliness of residents’ rooms and common areas.
- Portering and responding to residents need as appropriate.
- Assist the dietary department with set up and cleanup of chairs & tables, serving meals, delivering trays to residents, dishwashing and maintaining cleanliness of the kitchen and dining rooms.
- Assist with other housekeeping duties and laundry as may be required.
- Assist with any other duties that may be required to maintain care and support to our residents and support to our regular staff.
- Perform duties according to health & safety guidelines, report all injuries and hazards to the supervisor immediately and other reasonable requests from management.
- Must possess a Grade 12 Diploma or Equivalent.
- Preference will be given to Students enrolled in Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses or Personal Support Worker (PSW) students.
- Previous housekeeping and food service experience considered an asset.
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment or long-term care setting is preferred.
- First Aid and CPR certification considered an asset.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position.
- Successful candidate will require a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector as a condition of employment.
- Proof of up-to-date immunizations and negative Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Test will be required.
HOURS OF WORK: Casual hours, on-call up to 3 months
WAGE: $20.00/hour + 4% vacation pay
CLOSING: July 14, 2020
Quote: 2020-NON-HM-MSW – “Your Name” in the subject line
Juliana Alvarez-Molina, Human Resources Advisor
Talent Management & Acquisition
“The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.”
Reference ID: 2020-NON-HM-MSW
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Casual
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Secondary School (Required)