Quality Control - Floor Systems
ZyTech building systems LP
Position: Quality Control – Floor Systems
Location: Balzac, AB
Reports To: Production Manager
Position Purpose Statement:
- The QC Checker is responsible for the accurate, timely and safe loading of Floor products, as well as the return of material from jobsite. Participating in routine yard maintenance, Quality Control and Health & Safety programs are also important aspects of this position.
- Work with the shipping department and Production Manager regarding delivery and schedules to be completed
- Closely monitor stock levels of manufactured products and out-sourced stock materials and notify supervisor when low/critical levels become apparent
- Ensure all finished manufactured products are protected from weathering and are stored properly at all times in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Regularly inspects, maintains and services equipment/tools as required
- Ensure proper documentation is prepared/checked and notifies superiors of any discrepancies
- Upon receiving the days orders, the QC checker will proceed to check complete packages in order of required shipping status and priority and/or as dictated by the schedule
- Ensure all ahngers for orders are picked at least one day prior to shipping
- Finished packages will be checked for quality and quantities, ensuring all package components are present.
- Below standard materials or missing materials will be replaced by the QC checker.
- Once packages have met all standards, the QC chcecker will spray the ZyTech logo to reflect a complete package
- Check all trucks at the gate for accuracy, take pictures and upload into systems.
- Help shipping department organize the next shipping days paperwork recording weights, lengths and bundle counts on pick tickets
- Print waybill, update systems and get appropriate signature to release the loads out of the gate
- Always ensure to adhere to proper procedure regarding material storage. General housekeeping throughout the day
- Load/unload shipments in accordance with industry standards, operating procedures and ensure documentation is prepared/checked and notify supervisor of any discrepancies. Load securement is a critical aspect to this role
- 3-5 or more years’ experience with shipping/receiving/quality checking of floor systems in a manufacturing setting
- Physically able to lift up to 50lbs throughout the day
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving abstract
- Valid sit down counter balance forklift ticket would be considered an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing environment as well as knowledge of lumber products is considered an asset
Job Type: Full-time