Delta Star specializes in manufacturing power transformers and mobile substations. Delta Star is an employee-focused organization that is fully committed to providing an exceptional customer experience. We are the substation leader in North America providing superior, innovative client solutions that meet the energy needs of the future. Come join our team today and see why Delta Star has been the choice for power companies around the world for over 110 years and counting.
The Test Technician Team Lead will be responsible for participating in the routine and special type tests required to qualify and commission power transformers which are up to 166 MVA and 315 KV, manufactured at the St-Jean-sur-Richelieu plant and according to customer requirements.
- Operate various high voltage equipment such as measuring instruments, lightning shock generator and power source for high voltage testing;
- Manage equipment maintenance and upgrades when required, as well as report any operational and/or efficiency issues;
- Report the progress of the tests to his immediate supervisor on a daily basis;
- Report all test results, conclusive or not, in various documents and reports;
- Work with your supervisor and colleagues to solve the causes that may have led to failure;
- Make recommendations to your immediate supervisor on a variety of topics such as the effectiveness of the tests and how to optimize their implementation, the tools used, etc.
- Work with inspectors (internal and/or external) often on site during ongoing tests;
- Perform the tasks of setting and start testing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of assembly work and testing of power transformers (this is required);
- Spoken and written English (an asset);
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (DEC) industrial electricity or instrumentation (an asset);
- Experience in industrial electricity (an asset);
- Experience with supervising the work of other technicians.
- Good physical fitness;
- Experience with working at heights.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND SKILLS
- Ability to write technical documentation;
- Concerned about customer satisfaction;
- Concerned about meeting deadlines;
- Compliance with environmental, health and safety standards;
- Intercultural respect;
- Interpersonal skills with co-workers;
- Comprehensive knowledge: transformers, international testing standards, high voltage and energy in general; Knowledge of high voltage measurement equipment, test circuit connection and technologies used in test environments (Strong asset).
SALARY AND SCHEDULE
- Starting at $27.05/hour + Evening premium $1.75/hour.
- Delta Star offers excellent benefits (Collective Insurance and Retirement Plan, and more) after the 3-month probation period.
- Monday to Friday.
- 3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- 40 hours per week.
WHY JOIN DELTA STAR:
- Competitive compensation
- Wonderful and challenging work environment and teammates
- Comprehensive package of benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- Employer contribution to a pension plan
- On-site parking (free)
- Cafeteria on site with discounted meals.
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein, Permanent
- Assurance Dentaire
- Assurance Invalidité
- Assurance Maladie Complémentaire
- Assurance Vie
- Assurance Vision
- Congés de Vacances et Compensatoires
- Nourriture à Prix Réduit ou Gratuite
- Pension de Retraite
- Programme d'Aide aux Employés
- Stationnement sur place
- Tenue Décontractée
Capacité à faire le trajet ou à déménager:
- Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC (Souhaité)
- DEP/ AEC ou Certificat (Souhaité)
- Industrie du transformateur: 1 an (Souhaité)
- Test électrique: 1 an (Souhaité)
- Français (Souhaité)
- Anglais (Souhaité)
Précautions contre la COVID-19:
- Équipement de protection individuel fourni ou requis
- Contrôles automatiques de la température
- Consignes de distanciation sociale
- Entretiens virtuels
- Procédures renforcées de désinfection et de nettoyage