WGP Professional Corporation requires an experienced Staff Accountant in our Ottawa office. WGP Professional Corporation is a small accounting firm that provides a wide variety of accounting services to small and medium sized businesses, as well as individuals. We believe in providing high quality services with an emphasis on client relationships. If you are looking to be a valued asset to an accounting firm and gain experience in a breadth of accounting areas, let us show you why we are a great firm to work for!
- Prepare audit, review engagements and compilation engagements for Not-for-Profit organizations and other organizations.
- Prepare corporate tax and personal returns.
- Create and maintain interpersonal relationships with clients.
- Organize and prioritize work to be completed in a timely manner.
- Perform all duties using accounting software, such as CaseWare, Profile, Simply Accounting, Excel and word processing software.
- 3 years of experience in the public accounting field at an intermediate level.
- Must be enrolled as a CPA student or have attained CPA designation.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in auditing process and procedures.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience using CaseWare, Profile, Excel and other accounting software is an asset.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
Anticipated Start date: February 18, 2020
We offer a competitive salary and a rewarding career opportunity.
WGP is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls or agencies please!
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 3 years (Required)