Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a Human Resources (HR) strategy that enhances employee engagement, creates a high-performance culture, and supports BURNCO’s strategic plan. In this role, you will provide leadership, coaching, and support to a team of HR professionals to ensure the effective day-to-day delivery of HR programs and services to operations across Canada and the US. Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, recruitment and retention, performance and succession planning, employee and labour relations, learning and development, compensation and benefits, payroll / HRIS, and policy development.
- Participate as a member of the Management Committee to develop company objectives and processes to drive business performance
- Create and implement an HR strategy to support the Company’s short and long-term vision
- Provide day-to-day leadership, coaching, and support to a team of HR professionals in the delivery of HR services across Canada and the US
- Ensure compliance with HR-related legislation including employment standards, Human Rights and OH&S provisions
- Oversee the change management and communication of key HR initiatives
- Evaluate and administer a compensation program that ensures consistency and competitiveness while supporting career growth opportunities
- Ensure effective oversight of benefit and retirement programs
- Oversee the implementation, optimization, and road mapping of BURNCO’s HR and payroll system (UKG Pro) to maximize the effectiveness of the HR function
- Develop and provide analysis on key HR metrics
- Identify workforce planning requirements and implement talent sourcing strategies to support the Company’s growth
- Establish an effective performance management program to provide helpful employee feedback, drive business results, align with Company objectives, and assist with people achieving their career goals
- Oversee succession planning programs and activities to ensure a strong talent pipeline
- Develop an employee value proposition and reinforce the Company brand to facilitate the attraction and retention of employees
- Provide HR due diligence on acquisitions and other growth initiatives
- Implement consistent HR processes and practices across the Company, where appropriate, to support our One-BURNCO initiative
- Present regular reports to the HR & Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors
- Review and update, as necessary, existing polices, programs, and processes to ensure competitiveness and alignment with the Company’s overall growth plans
- Undergraduate degree in business or a related discipline with 15 or more years of progressive HR experience. Previous experience in a unionized environment is preferred
- Practical, hands-on approach with the ability to build and inspire a team
- Experience as both an HR architect and builder – you’ve created a vision for HR and turned that vision into reality
- Strong executive presence with excellent decision-making skills and the ability to influence and motivate others
- Advanced working knowledge of HR-related legislation
- Proven track record of developing and implementing policies and programs to support organizational growth
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand the key financial and HR drivers that impact business results
- Ability to build trust and foster a culture of service and operational excellence
- Strong consultative style with experience coaching and supporting business leaders
- Experience in a multi-jurisdictional work environment, including previous support of Canadian and US operations, is preferred
PERFORMANCE INCENTIVES.....Rock it!
GREAT BENEFITS.....You bet!
CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.....Absolutely!
In choosing a career with BURNCO, you will constantly be learning and will be part of an organization that is committed to our employee’s safety, the environment and the communities where we live and do business