Conveniently located in the Town of Banff, just steps away from the glacier-fed Bow River, Banff Park Lodge is a full-service Resort Hotel and Conference Centre. Here we experience the best of both worlds: the peace and solitude of a quiet location, yet quick access to a livelier scene in downtown Banff. The Banff Park Lodge has two sister properties; the Bow View Lodge and the Peaks Hotel & Suites, a new development scheduled to open early 2021.
If you are looking to work and ski for an amazing winter season in beautiful Banff National Park, here are some great opportunities waiting for you!
Full-time positions available:
We are currently seeking full-time permanent or seasonal (2-6 months) Chef de Parties, required to work day shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays with opportunities for overtime hours. The salary for this position is based on experience, 30-40 hours of work per week are guaranteed.
Part-time positions available:
We are currently seeking part-time permanent or seasonal (2-6 months) Chef de Parties, required to work day shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays. The salary for this position is based on experience.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities for a formal hotel dining room
- Estimate food requirements, prepare and cook meals and specialty foods including dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Instruct cooks in preparation, garnishing and presentation of food and in new cooking techniques
- Plan menus, ensure quality of food and portion control and create new recipes
- Requisition food, kitchen supplies and equipment
- Supervise cooks and kitchen staff
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada
- Cook trade certification required from a recognized vocational or technical college
- Three or more years’ experience in commercial cooking
- Fluent in English language (orally and written, and accurate numeracy)
- Working with others and supervising in a team environment
- Must be bondable
- Must possess good sense of taste, good health and stamina, excellent hand eye co-ordination, good math skills, good memory for details, and be artistic and have a creative talent
- Must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and team building skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills and maintain a calm demeanor
- 50% of transportation costs for applicants that are relocating to Banff provided
- Complimentary hotel stay may be provided for the first two nights upon request
- Staff accommodation is guaranteed with an immediate check-in for full-time and part-time positions; daily rent starting from $6.50-$17.00 per day
- Great opportunities for career growth
- Three salary increases during first year of employment; term bonus and summer bonus available
- Friends and family rates available at our properties, F&B discounts available at The Crave Mountain Grill Restaurant and La Terrazza Dining Room & Lounge
- Health benefits available after 8 months of employment including life insurance, dental, medical and drug coverage
- Staff Cafe on site offering free meals; certain items available 24/7
- Ski Pass discount and subsidy available; payroll deduction optional
- Education reimbursement for English as a Second Language Course
- Payroll deduction available for a local gym membership
- Monthly staff events hosted by our very own Social Committee
- Uniforms supplied and free cleaning available
- Living in beautiful Banff National Park!
For those interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your resume to the email address provided, in-person at 222 Lynx Street, by fax to (403) 762-4740 or online at www.banffparklodge.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our company!!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
The health and safety of our employees and guests is our major continuing objective. We have developed and launched our Health Protection Plan to ensure prevention and control measures in place.
- commercial cooking: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)