APTIM Services Canada Corp is a leader in plant services to the oil, gas and chemical industries. We provide on-going support and long-term services through maintenance, modifications and specialty services to provide solutions that are safe, innovative and efficient. Our comprehensive range of maintenance and supporting services are tailored to meet the specific needs of each client.
The candidate would be responsible for overseeing financial reporting, leading and developing people, month end close process, process improvement and maximizing cash flow. The Controller will work and report directly to the Director, Accounting.
· Manage all general ledger functions
· Balance sheet reconciliations
· Provide leadership to the accounting team and oversee day-to-day effectiveness of staff
· Establish and monitor internal controls and regulatory compliance
· Coordinate monthly close process and ensure accuracy and completeness of monthly financial reporting package
· Assist management with the reporting of key business metrics
· Drive process improvement to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of finance team
· Supervise, coach and mentor the team; maintain positive interpersonal relationships while ensuring that recommendations are aligned with the goals of the organization
· Responsible for reporting and analysis of variances to targets and historic information
· Capable of handling responsibilities beyond formal job duties
Our Ideal Candidate
· CPA Designation
· 3-5 Years’ Experience in a similar role
· Previous experience managing employees
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Self-Starter with strong ethical standards
· Creative problem solver, solutions focused
· Microsoft Office Tools - proficient with excel, formulas, pivot tables, macros
What we do:
Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Watch our " How we make a difference " Video.
Who We Are:
APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services. Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.
APTIM is a place where our people make a difference, not just a living.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent