The Data & Reporting Analyst is responsible for championing the interests and objectives of business owners within Cox Automotive Canada (CAC), anticipating future business needs and identifying opportunities for complex analysis. This individual will be able to explore and understand data and collaborate to build advanced data-driven solutions and models, then present and discuss the resulting models to any level of audience.
Candidate will develop a deep understanding of multiple Cox Automotive data sources – such as Media, Retail, Inventory, Financial, International, Vehicle, Consumer, Client and/or Marketing – and determine how best to link disparate data sets and extract value from them. They will also design and drive the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modeling, big data and optimization tools for Cox Automotive Canada.
Candidates must have a good understanding of project management concepts and techniques and should have the skills to execute the activities necessary to reach the project objectives. This role will serve as organizer, facilitator, analyst, and occasionally as a problem solver. Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work and contribute in a team environment are essential, as are outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analyzing complex data systems and documenting data elements, data flow, relationships and dependencies.
- Developing automated and reusable ETL routines for extracting and connecting information across many disparate systems.
- Working in partnership with database administrators, systems integrators, architects (data & functional) and business analysts to create meta-data systems, data marts, and transactional data warehousing systems.
- Maintaining the integrity of operational data stores.
- Maintaining the integrity of the corporate report’s library, validating new user requests against existing functions and ensuring a high level of re-usability.
- Creating effective abstractions and components to ensure reports remain highly resilient to transactional systems changes.
- Developing reports and dashboard solutions using tools such as Tableau, Sisense, SSRS or SharePoint.
- Implementing self-service reporting tools and techniques.
- Work closely and interact directly with Cox Automotive Canada business owners and Data Services team members to identify, rationalize and document business requirements; then design and document practical, useful, and cost-effective solutions in the form of functional specifications which become the basis for development and testing Data driven products/services for the Canadian market.
- Make process improvement and systems enhancement recommendations, leveraging best practices and professional experience.
- Collaborate with client and Enterprise Data Products team to set analytic objectives, approaches and work schedule
- Work effectively on multiple assignments, activities or projects.
- Analyze customer and economic trends that impact business performance and recommend ways to improve outcomes
- Design and deploy data-science and technology based algorithmic solutions to address business needs for Cox Automotive Canada.
- Identify, understand and evaluate new commerce analytic and data technologies to determine the effectiveness of the solution and its feasibility of integration with Cox Automotive’ s current platforms
- Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers.
- Develops innovative approaches to accomplish short- and long-term objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS/IT or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of relevant business experience preferred
- Ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret large quantities of data. Ability to organize findings and translate into actionable insights using original or innovative techniques or style
- Five years of experience in advanced level PL-SQL and T-SQL.
- Hands-on experience in the setup and development of reporting tools such as SSRS.
- Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Excel/PowerPivot, Power View, SSAS and other data analysis tools.
- 2-3 years of experience integrating and automating reports and dashboards using information distribution, presentment, and user self-serve technologies such as Tableau, Sisense, SAS or Power BI.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and participation in at least 1 data mart or data warehouse project in the last 3 years.
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Familiarity with programming languages and technologies such as Java, Python, R, Scala is preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating complex team efforts is preferred
- Basic understanding of cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), Spark, Hadoop (Sqoop, Flume, HDFS), NoSQL datastores (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, graph), and Databases (Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server, MySQL) is preferred
About our team
We’re a fast-growing team, based in Toronto, collaborating with Technology and Analyst groups across the Cox Automotive family Internationally to create and scale applications to run on the Cox Automotive Hadoop cluster, or in AWS. Cox Automotive, a part of Cox Enterprises, is the industry leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing, and software solutions for dealers and consumers.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available atwww.cox.comandwww.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time