Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will partner with specific clients and project teams to provide leadership support and strategic business thinking in all Human Resources related matters. In addition, this role is required to promote, implement and execute HR programs and initiatives ensuring compliance to legislation, collective agreements and Hospital policies with an end result of operational success and a positive impact to employees. The HRBP in this role will have a focus on leading specific projects.
Working as a strategic business partner, the HRBP is accountable for understanding the needs of each specific client/project and being proactive in identifying, designing and implementing programs as well as providing HR support that meets each clients' needs. The HRBP is the primary point of contact for the delivery of an effective and efficient continuum of Human Resources services, initiatives and programs.
This includes working collaboratively with all levels of Management, Medical Staff and Unions with Performance Management, Accommodation, Compensation, Attendance Support, Return to Work, Recruitment and Retention, Compensation, Job Evaluation, Benefits and HRIS.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- CHRP designation required
- Minimum five (5) years related Human Resources Generalist experience preferably in a Healthcare and unionized environment
- Membership in the HRPA in good standing
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in coaching, consulting, and conflict resolution
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple responsibilities and meet timelines while maintaining a strong customer focus with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Experience working as part of a large scale project
- Ability to interpret and apply collective agreement language along with sound knowledge of related legislation (i.e. Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act)
- Knowledge of absence management, duty to accommodate, return to work and related acts (Human Rights Code, Workplace Safety Insurance Act)
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, organizational and project management skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Virtual Collaboration Platforms (MS Teams, Zoom) and HRIS
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated focus on internal/external customer service and partnerships
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN's Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers