Do you have strong business acumen and strategic sourcing experience running the RFx process (RFP’s,RFI’s and RFx)? Join a team focused on making a difference: help us improve our supply chain efficiency and decrease our costs, so we can use those funds to provide better health care.
What you’ll do
- Prepare specifications, conditions and legal binding documents for the formal tendering of equipment, supplies and services. Solicit and analyze vendor quotes for price, quality and conformity to specifications. Negotiate supply and service contracts and/or place purchase orders.
- Monitor compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Monitor delivery dates, resolve shipping problems, expedite late deliveries, respond to inquiries and complaints, investigate order discrepancies, review backorders, adjust prices, arranging for credit, return or exchange as appropriate and mediate disputes.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis for alternative systems and products. Research and maintain current commodity knowledge for sources of supply locally, domestically and internationally; economic trends; environmental issues; laws; currency exchanges; technology and areas of standardization and industry development.
- Participate in department meetings and committees, including arranging meetings, circulating notices and agendas, recording and distributing notes and/or minutes of meetings.
What you bring
- Grade twelve (12) graduation, recognized purchasing courses and five (5) years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Relatable experience includes: working in procurement, managing the RFP process, strategic procurement and sourcing experience is required.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Work well with others
- Operate related equipment (Microsoft Office).
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, suh as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Types: Regular Full Time Positions and Temporary Full Time until April 2022 (May be extended based on departments needs)
Wage: $29.11 per hour + health and dental benefits
Location: 1795 Willingdon Ave Burnaby, BC V5C 6E3
Hours of Work: 0730-1530, Monday through Friday
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reference ID: 106377E
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $29.11 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Purchasing: 1 year (preferred)