Highway Maintenance Worker
Emil Anderson Maintenance (EAM) is the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s road and bridge maintenance contractor for Service Area 7 (Fraser Valley), Service Area 20 (Robson) and Service Area 26 (Skeena).
As a family-owned and people focused company we strive to train and develop the best leaders in our industry. We provide a culture of learning, open communication, professionalism, respect and accountability.
Emil Anderson Maintenance | Fraser Valley is seeking applications for night shift highway maintenance workers. We are offering a career opportunity in the highway maintenance industry. This is an entry level, full time, union position. Although a Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement is a condition of employment, the job is mainly labor work, performed during night shift on the provincial highway network in the Abbotsford area.
- Minimum class 3 with air brake endorsement
- Equipment operating experience an asset
- Traffic control skills an asset
- Computer skills an asset
- Willing to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Clean drivers abstract
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Acknowledge this position can be labour intensive
- Physically fit and mentally alert
- Good vision, will be required to drive at night
- Willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Local candidates preferred (Abbotsford, BC)
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$30.77 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- minimum class 3 Drivers License with air brake endorsement (preferred)