Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday; days
Time of Day:Shift Length:Open Date::
HOURS OF WORK:
- Current registration with the College of Nurse of Ontario required.
- Two years current surgical nursing experience required. Knowledge of medical and surgical terminology required.
- Prior experience in a busy surgical clinic will be given preference.
- Advanced knowledge of, and ability to perform, accurate physical assessments required.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures essential.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with HBO order entry, allergy entry and ability to access lab and other test results essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, maintain good interpersonal relationships and set workload priorities essential.
- Committed to customer service.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and organization skills and the ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the basic principles of equipment safety.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and continuing education.
- Knowledge of adult learning principals preferred.
- Good work performance and attendance record are essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and expertise in the care of seniors and their families.
- Gentle Persuasive Approach training preferred.
Monday to Friday, days
$28.69...$29.92...$31.17 (plus 14% in lieu of benefits)
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
St. Joe’s fosters an environment where we celebrate diversity, where teams reflect the diversity of the community in which we serve, enhancing the connection to patients, clients, community, and each other.
St. Joseph’s Nursing Vision is to make a difference in the lives of those we care for, our organization, and the future of our community through achievement of excellence in nursing and commitment to a culture of nursing innovation, empowerment, leadership and accountability.