INPATIENT MENTAL HEALTH (3 West)
TEMPORARY PART TIME
The current schedule is Days/Evenings/Weekends; 8 & 12 Hour shifts (subject to change)
Lakeridge Health Ajax Pickering
Lakeridge Health is excited to announce the opening of 22 Mental Health in-patient beds at the Ajax Pickering site. The new Mental Health Unit at Ajax will provide an integrated and effective continuum of mental health service within the context of client and family focused care to adults living within our community. Care will be provided for individuals with severe mental illness and those experiencing acute mental health crises.
We are now actively seeking enthusiastic professionals to join our team which will include Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Recreational Therapists, Clerks, and Psychiatrists. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new team as it establishes its foundation within the community of Ajax/Pickering.
The Mental Health Inpatient program will provide funding that may include paid tuition for the Mental Health Nursing RN/RPN Certificate from Durham College or for the CNA Certification Program exam from the Canadian Nurses Association. A commitment from the employee of 24 months working in the Mental Health program as a permanent employee is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To function as a receptionist, performing a wide variety of clerical duties including: maintaining patient charts; facilitating the admission/discharge/transfer process; receiving and responding to telephone enquiries; receiving and processing doctor's orders with accuracy; ensuring department supplies are monitored and reordered; submitting various work orders; handling Forms of the Mental Health Act in a timely and organized manner; maintaining orderly paperwork, and coordinating off-program medical services. Other duties as assigned.
- Medical Office Administration Diploma and previous relevant experience in a Hospital clerical or doctors' office setting or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of medical terminology (tested);
- Previous experience in transcribing doctor's orders;
- Exceptional organizational skills will enable you to prioritize, coordinate and perform a wide range of clerical duties necessary to the efficient functioning of the department;
- Working knowledge of Meditech;
- Accurate keyboarding skills (tested 35 wpm);
- Basic level Word and Excel (tested);
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written in order to effectively interact with all levels of staff, patients and their families;
- Ability to work productively with frequent distractions and interruptions;
- Ability to work in a stressful environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this area; and
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
$24.22 - $25.32 per hour
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is open to all qualified CUPE staff throughout Lakeridge Health.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and C.U.P.E Local 6364.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.