Position: Verbatim Transcriptionist
Start Date: February 7, 2020
Minutes Solutions is a rapidly growing professional minute taking and transcription company. We specialize in minute taking for corporations, condominium boards, associations, non-profit organizations, and other types of organizations.
Transcriptionists are responsible for attending seminars/presentations on a quarterly basis in the Montreal area, transcribing the proceedings (live) as close to verbatim as possible, maintaining professionalism in their conduct and communication, and delivering polished transcripts to editors in a timely manner.
- Attend scheduled seminars/presentations on the following dates:
February 7, 2020
April 3, 2020
- Transcribe proceedings as close to verbatim as possible.
- Maintain constant professionalism in conduct and communication at meetings, and with Minutes Solutions team.
- Follow Minutes Solutions Formatting Guide and submit transcripts to the editing team within 48 hours.
- Work with editing team to make necessary revisions and ensure revisions are grasped for future work.
- Provide and receive feedback from the Minutes Solutions team with integrity.
- At least 2 years of verbatim transcription in a professional setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fast typing speed (minimum 60 WPM).
- Exceptional attention to detail, active listening, and critical thinking skills.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word.
- Ability to respond quickly to dialogue required.
- Laptop and ability to commute required.
- Punctuality, strong organization skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
Please submit your resume along with a detailed cover letter describing your relevant experience as soon as possible. Applications will be considered immediately.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Freelance
Salary: $40.00 to $60.00 /hour
- verbatim transcription: 2 years (Required)