Do you have a passion for teaching and feel that you can really engage your students virtually? Kidz Kare is seeking a Virtual Creative Arts instructor to teach students of various ages using the internet and online tools. Creative arts could music, dance, art, etc. (please specify which area you are able to teach).
The Virtual instructor should be able to provide instruction that is developmentally and age appropriate, based on the previous training and education they have already acquired. This is a remote job offering part time hours. Virtual Instructors enjoy some flexibility in their shifts and can exercise some discretion over when they work, though ultimately they report directly to the Operations Manager. There is no travel required for this job, as Virtual Teachers may instruct students from their own homes or any other location of their choosing as long as they have internet access.
Training and coaching for success in this position is available throughout this process by the Operations Supervisor. Opportunities to grow in this position are based on performance levels of the online educators and parent responses to the impact they make on their child’s development. With growth comes more opportunity.
Engage Students During Class:
- Virtual Instructors encourage attendees to participate through open ended questions and interactive activities to support their learning outcomes. Props, differing backgrounds will required as part of engaging children and their parents.
- Understanding of age development plays a big role in understanding how to best engage children in these different developmental ranges.
Online Teacher Skills and Qualifications:
- Leadership – Virtual Instructors are strong leaders, able to maintain virtual classroom discipline and successfully guide students through lesson plans
- Motivational skills– Virtual Instructors use motivational skills and strategies to encourage students to learn and keep them engaged in their own education
- Communication skills– Virtual Instructors have strong verbal and written communication skills to instruct and educate children ,and deliver reports to parents
- Computer skills– because of the internet-based nature of the job, Virtual Instructors have excellent computer skills and can work with multiple types of computers and software programs
- Analytical skills– Virtual Instructors use analytical skills to evaluate children’s ongoing progress
- Online experience and comfort using video technology for teaching purposes preferred
Tools of the Trade:
Virtual instructors regularly work with these tools:
- Online communication software (Webex or Microsoft Teams)
- Computer hardware accessories (webcams, headsets)
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 1-5 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)