Welcome to Dr. Oetker! We are an international family business whose quality products have appealed to people’s taste for generations. With us you have the chance to shape your future and ours alongside more than 12,000 colleagues in over 40 countries.
Grow in our team as
>> Packaging Machine Operator (London, Ontario) <
- You will be responsible to set up and adjust the processing and packaging machines, e.g. shrink wrap machine, case packer, palletizer, metal detector.
- You will strive for improvements in your own area and others.
- You will perform and document pre-operational Health & Safety and HACCP checks.
- You will conduct metal detector verifications as per HACCP program. You are part of the team that produces highest quality Dr. Oetker products.
- You will run machinery to wrap, package, palletize and convey food products. In cooperation with the maintenance department, you will perform equipment adjustments and basic trouble shooting.
- There will be manual sorting and repacking of defective finished goods.
- You will conduct regular control and documentation of process parameters, coding and other data, and perform corrections if required.
- You will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Food safety and security is of the utmost importance for Dr. Oetker and for you.
- You will consistently follow all Dr. Oetker Health & Safety policies and procedures, setting a positive example while exercising care within your work to prevent injuries to yourself and to your co-workers.
- You understand that management may at its discretion reassign you to a different position, line, shift, shift rotation and/or department based on operational need.
· You are proficient in English.
· You are proficient in your technical understanding, reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, and verbal communication.
· You have 3 – 5 years’ experience in operating industrial scale packaging equipment such as shrink-wrap machine, coding and labeling equipment, check weigher, metal detector, palletizer, etc.
· Previous work experience in a food-manufacturing environment is beneficial.
· You have gained 1 year or more of experience in operating hand pallet trucks.
· You must be able to pass a written test performed in the London location.
· You have the ability to work according to tight schedules and timelines, and can work independently as well as in a team environment.
· You have the availability to work a 3 shift rotation, including coverage of unexpected leaves of absences and vacation and overtime as required.
· Physical essential abilities are handling heavy loads (up to 25 KG), manual dexterity, attention to detail, good hand-eye co-ordination, and bending, twisting, and lifting abilities.
· You can stand for long periods of time and are able to work in extreme conditions.
· You have your own transportation, as public transportation is not available.
· Must be able to touch and work with pork, chicken and beef productions.
· You are able to work days and afternoon shifts, on a two week rotating basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- manufacturing (preferably food): 1 year (Preferred)
- machine operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)